Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jdulmage

Windows 2000 FIX, IS THIS TRUE

because i love punishing my computer and i guess myself, i'm going to try it tonight. HAHAHA, I love doing trail and error. I'll see you after this is all done and i'll have Windows 2000 on my computer the next post i put up

Its been a while,

maybe he got lost on his trail, and made an error.

smile

God, I just noticed this thread for the first time! I have to say I haven't laughed so much in ages.... LOL smile Can't wait what happens next.

I really wish J would post again, I am at work and have nothing to do. Come on man I need some entertainment =)

haven't installed Windows 2000 yet, i was sitting there yesterday thinking wether or not i should install it and take the risk, but then again, i can always dual boot. So I'm trying it soon. If it doesn't work, i'm going to boot my friend in the damn ass, cause he is the one that convinced me that it works

Yes, this particular thread is always an adventure. It will make you laugh, cry, fall in love, and be glad to be alive. Tune in for next week's all new episode!

I know that a lot of magazine columnists read this board. I wonder what they are thinking right now wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy_25:

God, I just noticed this thread for the first time! I have to say I haven't laughed so much in ages.... LOL smile Can't wait what happens next.

jdulmage: First, it isn't possible that Win2K will work better... It has nothing to do w/ Win9x or DOS. If u don't trust me, try to run bleem on ur friend's computer. It won't work... And u want to know why??? Because it's the NT Kernel. And some software aren't programmed for the NT Kernel.

And u want to know why Win9x drivers don't work w/ win2K??? I repeat again :because Win2k is the NT Kernel!!!

Do you mean to tell me that this is not 98? damnit! I have been supporting this thing for over a month now and I never realized that. I supposed the next thing you are going to tell is that Quake 3 wont run on my 386 running Windows 3.11.

jdulmage: Obviously you have no idea how the OS works, because your logic does not fit in at all. DOS WILL HAVE NO EFFECT ON WIN2K. NONE! WIN2K won't even recognize any of the DOS crap in there. So whether DOS is there or not will not matter. I think you just got lucky and did a clean install and now things are fine.

post hoc, ergo propter hoc

(after this, therefore on account of this)

ok jdulmage, I couldn't resist so long wink

$1,000,000 question:

"If it was so simple to combine DOS+NT5 why didn't (mamma of win2k) Microsoft thought about it?"

Stay tuned for the answer...

This is one funny thread... The thing that i find most entretaining is to think about how jdulmage's "friend" came up with the brilliant idea of trying this in the first place...

"friend": Crap... my games are not working!

jdulmage: Hey.. how about we reinstall win2k?

"friend": Hmmm, not thats not enough, I say lets try putting DOS in first!

jdulmage: How did I not think of this first? Its brilliant! I guess Im only the second best computer student in school...

[This message has been edited by morillo (edited 25 March 2000).]

Guys, this thread has gone on through 5 pages of bashing Jdulmage. Don't you think that is enought? Everybody makes mistakes..........can't we all just get along? muahahhahahaha smile Dos in NT5 your killin me! smilefrownsmilefrownsmile

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....havent been here for a while now...this is the most STUPID and FUNNIEST post i have ever read in my whole lifetime.....

DOS and WIN2K together...GEEE!! i should try this brilliant idea to get my SBlive stop hanging the sound in win2k!!! YES IT WILL SURE WORK BECOUSE YOU "J" ARE MORE SMART THAN THE WHOLE F**** MICROSOFT TEAM WHO PROGRAMMED THE DAMN OS!!!....sorry i got off limits...but i could not help it...i mean...i must be pretty stupid coz i try to learn how to solve problems for 6 years now and am 20...gee you are like 16 and been solving problems allready 1992? ohh...did you know what a PC is when you were 8 years old??...gimme a break man....

have a nice day ppl.... smile

** How to make Win2k play Amiga,Commodore 64 games, Linux, BeOS appz etc **

You have to do exactly this (i've done it with the PC of a friend of my uncle's brother in law):

1) Install Win2k

2) Uninstall Win2k

3) Install Win2k

123) Go to \WinNT\System32

124) Delete ALL files

125) Open Notepad and write "please be compatible with Linux, Commodore64, ... (insert whichever OS you like)"

126) Save the above text as "how2fkWin2k.txt"

127) Ignore whatever Win2k promts you

128) Reboot and go for an ice-cream

You should try it...

[No offend J, just a joke ;)]

LOL, good show Jdulmage smile

Jason A.

------------------

I write code.

[This message has been edited by jra101 (edited 25 March 2000).]

HAHAHA, man, I think i have done enough here. You guys are so stupid, i was joking the whole time. I just wanted a flaming folder on the message board, i got more then that. HAHAHA, so stupid are you guys, i would never try putting DOS, the Windows 2000 on, because your exactly right, it's an NT Kernel, of course it's not going to work. I have been joking and all of the stuff i said was a joke. When i said i was going to try it, all i was doing was putting Windows 2000 back on and dual booting, i wasn't even trying that crap. Man, i can't wait to tell everyone what has happened here. HEHE, sorry for being so evil to you guys.

Yeah, i have heard also that if you take your hardrive out and touch it with magnets that it fixes most problems. this is becasue of the gravitational pull caused by the moon on a full moon night. But what ever you do make sure that the ram is not pluged into a pci slot upsidedown, this may caues the ram to go faster which is illegal by the 1996 ram doubler act imposed by the us and microfost. but if you need to make sure that it is in that way. also put your micraphone up the the speekers and turn both the micraphone and the speekers up all the way. repeat this for 5 minuets and put magnets on yoru monitor. if all else fails remove the power button on yoru computer and put it back on upside down and change all of your jumpers over one to the left or right (dosent matter) and try to plug yoru monitor into the serial port. dont put it in upside down. lastly put a spoon in yoru hardrive by opening the case and removing any unneeded parts. the spoons metal will act as a heat sink and cool the hardisk down. this has brought me the best results for better gaming. Good luck. smile

Quote:
Originally posted by jdulmage:
HAHAHA, man, I think i have done enough here. You guys are so stupid, i was joking the whole time. I just wanted a flaming folder on the message board, i got more then that. HAHAHA, so stupid are you guys, i would never try putting DOS, the Windows 2000 on, because your exactly right, it's an NT Kernel, of course it's not going to work.

You could say that without offending people (and it was indeed funny-but you ruined it). Probably lying & offending people in anonymity is for you a way to escape from your pathetic reality and making people talk to you (while no-one speaks to you in real life). GAL

HAHA, whatever, me and my friend are still laughing at you guys. Ok, sorry, none of you are stupid, that's true. But man was that funny, i needed to ruin it before the message got over 100 posts.

Good way of covering your ignorance - sorry I don't believe a word you are saying.

Say goodnight Gracie!

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

PIII 450@504

Soltek SL67B Mobo with 128 mb pc100

20 gig Quantum KX 8 gig Quantum CR

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

... and a bunch of USB Stuff

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

Sure this whole thing was a joke and you were just trying to trick us wink. You're such a llama. You realized half way through this that what you were saying was completely stupid and little by little you changed what you were saying.

------------------

[This message has been edited by RobGoo (edited 25 March 2000).]

You are totaly right RobGoo....and you "J", you are probably the most lamest 16'years old i'v came on on the net for the past 2 years....

Have a nice life ppl... smile

Whatever you say, if i were to install DOS, it would be useless. Your sitting here telling me off when i say that DOS/Windows crap, you guys believe me, haha. Then when it's a joke, you guys get mad cause I made a joke. That's crap about me covering it up half way, it was meant to be a joke the whole time and you guys can't live with it, so your assuming the unassumable. Plus, what the hell are you Shrink, you obviously have no computer knowledge and/or a brain. Your overclocking an already fast computer, how stupid can you get, it's just like me going out and buying one of those gigahertz chips and overclocking it. 450 Mhz Pentium 3 at 504 Mhz is so stupid, one, your risking the computer's life span, and two, it's fast already, why bother. Lastly, i'm still getting this post high in messages even after i ruined the joke for you all. GET A LIFE.

Quote:
you guys believe me,

Dude, no one believed you -- that's why everyone's been laughing at you.

WWHHHHOOOOWWWW !!!

I think my girlfriend thinks I'm nuts laughing since 15' in front of my screen !!

Well that was quite funny but I sincerely hope this kinda topics won't pollute this excellent forum. See I'm in the 1/3 of IT professional making a lot of money so I'm a serious guy !!! smilesmilesmilesmile

Well that's all, thanks for the laugh and enjoy your sunday !!