Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jdulmage

Windows 2000 FIX, IS THIS TRUE

The joke's on you J! We were actually "just joking" with you the whole time. We were all secretly e-mailing each other and planning what to tell you next. Sorry for being so evil to you.

why don't you all just give it up, being smart asses, trying to act like your #1 in the world when it comes to computers. OHH, NT Kernel this and 32 bit that. What a bunch of crap, Microsoft Windows 2000 sucks anyways, if they can't make an OS that runs everything, games and apps, then don't bother making an OS.

i seem to be having a problem I put a magnet on my harddrive like Arin said, all that did is screw up my computer even worse.Maby if i hit it with a hammer a few times it might fix the prob

What a f***ing crack-head... haven't you ever heard that Windows 2000 is intended to function as a business operating system? I don't know what type of businesses you've come across, but most don't have the need to run games, let alone old DOS emulators. However, there IS a need for OpenGL, Direct3D, etc... so hardware companies are releasing higher quality drivers (than those on the Win2k CD). Needless to say, Win2k is going to be used for games, but you've no right to ***** about it not working for old games that weren't even designed for Windows.

Microsoft made it fully clear that if you want a gaming OS, wait for Windows ME. If you want an OS for your business, then consider Windows 2000. They drew a line and made anyone who was intelligent enough to do their research aware of this fact. Besides, since when did everything work on Windows 98? What about the upgrade path to Windows 95 from 3.x? If you were as experienced as you claim, then you'd know this.

Shut up and drop this ridiculous flame war.

[This message has been edited by Raze2k (edited 26 March 2000).]

First the CL Sblive newsgroup is overrun with trolls like this one, now this forum. Spring break must be here and the kiddies' parents aren't supervising their activities. Time for Phillip or Anthony to shut this record long thread down.

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

PIII 450@504

Soltek SL67B Mobo with 128 mb pc100

20 gig Quantum KX 8 gig Quantum CR

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

... and a bunch of USB Stuff

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

Let stop flame war here & now, Do I make my self very clear, After this is hardware discussion forum.

jdulmage it dosen't matter what you think of Windows2000 if your not happy with it do us a big favor & go back Win98.

Min of us are happy with Windows2000 even if we can't run even game or app we like to we like to, so we have to lean to live with out it.

Guys tell me if my voodoo computing works

Guys, stop laughing at me, I'm so right because I'm the best computer guy in the world

Guys, I was just joking and you guys all fell for it. HAHAHA.

Guys, Windows 2000 Professional sucks anyway. I never liked. By the way, I'm still joking.

I hope something terrible happens to you J, before you are able to infect the world with your degenerate genes that is.

Sorry but I only read the first page.

When a dos like OS had been installed before NT the NT setup copies (for limited legacy support) the autoexec and config.sys dos enviroment settings like paths etc to autoexec.nt and config.nt is this what all the confusion is about?

(I know this cause I have often had to use it for using 16 bit apps in NT4), and I'm not some Hyper intelligent Computer person, I last used it 2 days ago to get a copy of ADA 95 (a computer language) IDE up and running in win2K, and I can't get a specific graphics library to run...

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Make it stop! It hurts - it hurts - make it stop!

You should read more than the first page - you would see that this horse has been whipped to death and beyond!

------------------

Shrink

PIII 450@504

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

Yes, the general path of this thread has been one of equine bondage wink

After reading the last two pages, I just about coughed up a lung. This is "grade-A" great stuff. Even though it isn't about hardware this might be the most interesting thread I have read in several months.

... and definitely the longest thread I have ever seen on this board! Can you think of one that went close to 7 pages?

The originator of the post appears to have gone nighty night. Either that or to oil his gun for school on Monday :-)

------------------

Shrink

PIII 450@504

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

“There were casualties at a school this past week in a rural community, when a student wearing a "Windows 2000 sucks" shirt pulled a gun and started shooting.

His apparent targets were other students with disheveled hair and older-style glasses. The assailant was overheard shouting "Death to Bill Gates" before claiming his victims.

Shortly after the outbreak, members of the local PC users group marched outside protesting, "Windows 98 is the OS of the new generation." For unknown reasons, they were seen distributing disks later discovered to be MS-DOS 6.22 boot floppies.

Microsoft Corporation could not be reached for comment on the events.”

For those of you more susceptible to influence, the previous 4 paragraphs were an act of fiction. wink

[This message has been edited by DrSchmoe (edited 26 March 2000).]

Equine bondage??! Now that is one very weird fetish.

Back to Win2k stuff.

What are you talking about

windows did make an operating system that can run everything. it is windows 2000. it is the companys that havent made their software for it. not windows 2000.

You are dumb.

this is just like the energizer bunny, this damn message post keeps going and going and going. Your right, I'm wrong, Windows 2000 doesn't suck, the gaming quality sucks. If it isn't one thing it's another. Microsoft makes unstable OS in return for games. Microsoft makes unbelieve stable OS called Windows 2000 in return for low gaming quality. Give me a break. Also, you guys getting mad and wishing death and harm to me because of a stupid post that was a joke all along, then saying things like, I tried that magnet thing, or if i reinstall this and install that, give it up, that makes you guys look so stupid, which i'm sure your obviously not. So, i'm ending this war only when the messages stop appearing here, so this could go for the longest time, i don't really care. I think the 2 funniest things of this week were

1) The amount of crap responses i have gotten over this post

2) Pentium III 450 @ 504 Mhz

Almost forgot this, Shrink, you have always messaged things about me going to bed and that's why i'm not posting stuff, heck, i have a life, i don't sit in front of my comp 24-7 waiting for people to post so i can reply to them. I want to keep this thing going, cause it's sickening. Also slmcase

should shut his mouth, cause Mr. 2 posts there shouldn't even be talking about this. I have nothing against any of you, but your obviously believing what i said, cause if it's not true or you didn't believe me to start with. then why are you continuing to post?? Is it that you want to waste your time, or do you want this post to become big, so you can brag about it. Also, it isn't Spring Break here, and no one supervises me. But, i'm loving this

Jdulmage, you are a real time big asshole, if you whatnt this to stop, why the heck are you answering back?

i'll tell you why, becouse you are irritated on every singel ppl in here coz they dont agree with you and ARE making fun of you all the time. SO, before you start commenting on this post i posted, READ very cearfully the whole POST again!

I REPEAT: READ THE WHOLE POST AGAIN, I DONT ANSWER HERE ANYMORE COZ YOU ARE NOT WANDET HERE!

And if you did not know, this mess board is for helping other ppl with their problems on OS like NT4 and Win2000, thats not so hard to figure out right: "www.NTcompatible.com",

so you where the idiot at first who even got the most idiotic idea and come here with such a stupid POST! SO STOP IT RIGHT HERE AND RIGHT NOW! and for the ones who are in chachge here, i suggest to REMOVE THIS LAME POST RIGHT NOW! This is a mess board for helping ppl with NT not screwing around with it.

Have a nice life ppl.

Dont worry about it "J". But You should come to grips with what you said. Its ok to make mistakes but by covering it up and lying you are only digging yourself a deeper whole and giving everyone a reason to tease you even more. Come clean forget about it and move on.

"Doh! This was definetly the wrong forum"