Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Ok guys I need some help, I cant figure this out for nothing

I have Windows 2000 pro 2195 installed and I have a Diamond Supra express 56i ISA modem installed. When I installed win2k it installed the drivers for the modem and it shows as Supra Express 56i v90 voice. The modem works but sometimes I will dial up and then after checking the password it will come up with the error that the device is not available. Sometimes I will try to dial up and it will just say that it cant find the modem and when i goto device manager and look the modem is there but with a yellow exclamation point and says not available. If I reboot sometimes it works again, but sometimes I havwe to reboot 3 or 4 times. This is wierd. Any ideas? pr-man

------------------

***TRUST YOUR TECHNOLUST***

I had a Zoom 56k external that did the same thing.... I'm trying to remember how I fixed it.

The way I remember it was: when the modem became unavailble, I deleted it and had the system search for a new modem... to which it always found it again and I was off and running.

The Fix: I think I went into safe mode and found another copy of the modem in device manager when I told it to show hidden devices. I know my problem wasn't a resource conflict, and I'm assuming yours isn't also?

Make sure that the bios is set for PnP no/off. Also make sure you motherboard is not allocating a com port for your modem, let the OS or modem do that. If your not using your serial ports move reserve the serial ports to any com port the modem will not use. Uninstall the drivers and then reinstall them. As far as Diamond goes, they are behind in the official drivers on that modem. I haven't checked lately but thats what they were saying a week ago