Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shrink

Liveware 2000 beta for Win2k HERE

Thanks to Wolverine for the tip - here it is for your viewing pleasure - it works like a charm :-)

ftp://04.021.0360.010/noamg/Shrink/Liveware 2000 Web/lwW2KWeb.zip

It is the 15 meg package promised by CL (i.e. no fluff attached). Have fun.

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

Hm...that's not even close to an IP address.

Aha! If you ping it, it resolves to 4.17.240.8 - which does work!

[This message has been edited by YuppieScum (edited 27 February 2000).]

Hey Yuppiescum - what do you think - I just made it up for entertainment value?! Why don't you try plugging it into the old browser and you will see that it works. Don't ask me how but it does :-\

------------------

Shrink

Well, it might have been for laughs...

But no, it's the octal representation of the decimal address. CuteFTP barfs, but ping resolves it...

O.K. I am the type of guy who always seems to not have the problems everyone else is having. Now I'm having this. I installed the Beta drivers after removing all the Dell stuff, while never having used any hacked drivers except for the inf. Guess what..... I can't play midi files. I installed the whole Dell package to the same directory as the Beta drivers without removing. Guess what... I can play midi now. All is well.

Hmmm... no problems here - seems this might be an exception to the rule <g>. You didn't need to manually uninstall all the Dell stuff - it would have been done automatically. Did you insure that you hadn't muted the midi or that the wrong midi channel had not been selected?

------------------

Shrink

I put the Beta drivers back on top of the Dell drivers. Midi works. I don't know how much we gain from this. Playcenter went from ver 1.51 to 1.53a. Other than that, I'm just keeping up with the joneses. The wrong midi channel theory could have been true. To anyone else out there... If you've got the Dell drivers, just leave em when you install the Creative Beta.

J

Gracias, Shrink. That is to say, grazie, danke, tack, merci, agradecimento, okagesamade, asante, köszönöm, and taing! I now have EAx support! Woohoo!!

------------------

*gniltrohc yawa srednaw*

Brilliant! Downloaded, installed, picked up my Platinum and Live Drive II. I can now use all my inputs - Line 2, Digital etc, but still can't use analog and digital out at the same time, but a vast improvment over the Dell drivers.

J_Pro, did you choose the 8mb soundfront?

since The beta don't have the 8mb as I checked... so it's probably it uninstall the dell along with the 8mb soundfront, but the configuration files still applies to the beta drivers and looks for that 8mb thing...

another way to re-add the 8mb soundfront is to copy it from your old Lievware2/3 cd

Eddie314 - either the site is currently loaded with people downloading or you are trying to use an ftp client not capable of using that type of addressing. Just cut and paste the url into your browser and the file will automatically start downloading.

------------------

Shrink

I don't think this works for me. I have the dell drivers installed...and tried to run the setup.exe from this release. THe wizard window comes up, and the progress bar goes to 100%, but then, nothing comes up. I checked it in the task manager, and there wasn't anything either. My soundcard still works though, so I think it didn't do anything. I'm running 512v, do you think that matter? That it is not a live or live value, (actually really a live value without the spdif out).

Heifetz

Hey Wolverine, I'm set with the sound font. Rockin and rollin with 8MBGSFX E-mu Rev B.

Original message:

"File not found or access denied"

For hours now - great!!

Have fun

Llion

Llion - I just popped the url in my browser and it started downloading immediately. Don't know what you're doing wrong.

------------------

Shrink

For those of you having problems, use this URL instead. It is the exact same server as the one above, but the IP address is in decimal rather than octal format. This fixes FTP client download problems. I figured I would post this, for those of you that can't download the file, or didn't read Yuppie's previous post regarding the correct IP address wink

ftp://4.17.240.8/noamg/Shrink/Liveware 2000 Web/lwW2KWeb.zip

[This message has been edited by DrSchmoe (edited 27 February 2000).]

I keep getting file not found too. frown

Could someone do a kind deed and upload it to somewhere like freedrive or xoom or a server that works?

Brendan.

oops, double post. wink

[This message has been edited by bkehoe (edited 27 February 2000).]

It's a wonderful job you are doing here.

I'am downloading the 15 MB Webfile right now.

And as i see from the other posts this file contains just "the basics".

Now i am wondering what i am missing out when i'm not getting the other files?

Thank you...