Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gujutown

Installing of Red Alert in XP..

Originally posted by T. Muller:

Quote:
4. Locate into this CD “SETUP95” folder, right-click onto “INSTALL.EXE” file here, and click “Properties”, than click on Compatibility (Mode), and modified setting here to “Run this program into compatibility mode for: Windows 95”.

Than press “Apply” and “Ok”. Now, left-click and run the installation process thru this “INSTALL.EXE” file…

It doesn't work, it still displays that crappy "this application is not a proper win32 stuff" message..my both drives are ntfs (i know i won't be able to play it when installed because of that) but does it affect also the isntallation process? What should i do?

ok im trying to load red alert on to my windows xp and ive gone to setup and there is no install.exe. and ive checked setup95 and all those things but i still cant find it

Ohh my god what a long list of replies...

TO EVERYONE WHO WANT TO PLAY "RED ALERT"

this what you have to do and it works everywere

1)put in your "redalert disk1" and then close the autorun...

2)then open "this computer" icon on the desktop and right click on the cd-rom with "red alert disk1" and click on the botton "open"

3)then find "setup.exe" and right click on it and click on "properties" then click on "Compatiblity tab" and then set it to "windows 95" and click on ok...

4) And then make a shortcut from cd to desktop and then run it... then it will stop asking for windows95

5) after installing it you can play without problems...

it is recommende to download the patch 1.08 Redalert" rel="nofollow" target="_blank...t patch 108. <-here

after installing the patch search for the unofficial patch for redalert 3.03 or even better if you got gamespy, then open gamespy and log in and click on the redalert icon then it will show you were to download it

6)after you have bin downloading 3.03 install it so you can play against other on the net

Hi, I'm new here. I tried installing Red Alert (the original) & thanks a lot you guys really know your stuff & it worked on my Laptop that uses XP. Thanks a lot!!!!

However, I made some serious errors & now the AUTOEXEC.NT ended up on my desktop (silly me) & I'm trying (without success) to delete it. Can any of you tell me how to delete it? It keeps saying that it's being used by someone or other programs.

PS: It's also on my USB & I can't shake it off frown

There is abilty to play "Red alert" at xp windows with higher resolution than 640x480???? Thanks for attention! smile

Okay guys, I tried everything u said here and nothing worked.

so now i'll give u a precise action of what i did:

1. Inserted CD1 of Red alert into the DVD/CD drive.

2. Cancled the auto run and went into explore the disk.

in this stage there were to posts with too ways, one way was like:

Go To Setup95 Folder (i went to it) and right click on setup.exe that set the complitability mode to win95 (did so) than run the install from that file. here is the problem with that: when i run the installer from that file a DOS window opened and says that the installation could not find Setup.mix (wich is found to be in the folder Setup and not in Setup95) so i tried doing the same with the Setup.exe file in the Setup folder and the same error came.

now for the second guide,

I went to explore the disk and right clicked on Setup.exe that changed the complitability mode to windos 95 and runed the file. it was loading normally the wizard (windows is prepearing the install wizard wich will guide you throught the installation) and when it finished prepearing (100%) it gave me that error: Windows 5.1 Is Currectly Running. This version of Red Alert is a Windows 95 only product.

any ideas why is both guides not working?

alright guys after reading all this stuff i got it working but i also wanna try to see if i can do it another way (ya know to get th resolution right) but for some odd reason...i can't uninstall i did install it with dos and its running on compatibility but i cant figure out why i can't find the unstall program ive tried everything i mean if anyone has any ideas please help a brotha out....at least it aint about installing..hah help me out..please..i beg of you, you genius', you

Try enable Sound in Autoexec.nt file and add the line:

SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330

see comments on what to use for options.

ok!! i am very frustratd with this game the more i try to install it the more i am dying to play.... any who i am trying to install the game on my windows xp but for some reason i have follewed all the instruction givin to me by this forum, but none have yet to work. i have been here on my pc for 2 hours and still can't get it to run. the problem i am having is the setup.mix is never found . but it makes no sense bacause the game was installed but i can't play it. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!

Wilhelmus,

i cant get past step 1. I click on the install, and dos pops up saying " bla bla cant find setup.mix" well, setup.mix is in that file. Help me please. i saw your answer on another post as well. Can anyone help me get past this point!? supa frustrated.

Hey guys ive read all the help on red alert for xp but still no success.

if i install it through setup when i try to play it i get 'the procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_12 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll' so i then tried to install it using dos and the install.exe file, i then get 'this system does not support fullscreen mode. choose 'close' to terminate the application'

any help would be well appreciated

thanks

Vista doesn't support DOS games that require full-screen graphics. You have to use DosBox.

As for for the error you posted if you read this thread then you'll know how to fix it.

i have installed RA successfully, but i get the same error message as 03haddrd('the procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_12 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll' )when i click on the RA95.exe file.

i did read every single post on this thread.

So when you read this thread you downloaded the replacement file that fixes the error you mentioned?

Thank you! I have to drop this game for years by up[censored] my system, now I can pick it up again.

Can anyone help me? When I play Red Alert 2 Yuris revenge, It works fine for a while, then the screen freezes. The cursor can still move, but nothing can be selected. Any ideas?

Dude, god knows why are you telling such lengthy tales. I ad the problem that the game could not install n even if it did, it freezed while I played it. Here is what you need to do:

1. Insert Cd and run setup, the one for windows, not DOS, but before, set the compatibility for the exe file for Win98 to install it where ever you want.

2. After you have done all that, download a patch for red alert 1 for the latest windows you can find (I found a patch for WIn NT and Win 2000) and then replace ra95.exe with it

3. Then set ra95.exe's compatibility to Win98 and enjoy playing it without any problems. I am running it as smooth as silk, without the need to play it in Dos or lower the gfx.

If you cannot find a patch, I will be happy to give it to you, inform me if you cannot find one

HEY i do what it says one the instructions ( thxs guys ) laugh but when i play it it is all stripy and i cant see a thing on what is happening and slso i hv no sound for it as well what do i did REPLY ASAP PLZ CHEERS!

Hi, I have installed a game called Red Alert 1 on my windows Vista but I cant play the game because when I click on the installed game on my desktop this message appears.

" RA95.EXE - Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry point SMapLS_IP_EBP_12 could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll. "

I need help to be able to play Red alert 1 what must I do in steps, please?