Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

dell win2k drivers

I have the BP6 too, but never get Livewire 3 to install. anyway dell ftp is very busy now, hope to hear more tomorrow when others got this little software.

Jabba - did you install the driver first, using Update Driver under SB Live WDM and then use the "Have Disk" method of installing them, rebooting, and then installing the apps? Other users, John Fournier (a guy from the CL sblive ng) installed them on his non-value card.

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

I get four speaker support, but does EAX work?

I tried to play UT with hardware enabled, but damn that sound was crappy. It wass really choppy and sometimes dissappeard.

When removing hardware sound in UT the sound was fine, but off cource without EAX

:-((

It installed and works fine on my SB Live Value.

Only thing I don't like is the fact that for soem reason the CD Digital control has disappeared. I was using this with my Hollywood+ in Win98 and when I had the LW3 with modified drivers installed.

So, does anyone know how to get the CD Digital Audio port enabled?

Brendan

I am not getting it, the FTP site of dell shown the driver is almost 90MB, yes it is 90! for d/l, it is too gozilla for my modem.

To enable CD Digital out go into the control panel-systems and go to the system device manager. Right click on your cdrom drive and click properties. Then go to the properties menu where you will see a button to enable Digital out.

If you have a slow modem and are not willing to download the large file go to my friends website at http://www.silco.com/liveware/ He has seperated the files into smaller parts for you guys. Remember that if you have cards like the newer Gamer and MP3 cards to use my INF or else you might have problems with DIN and stuff.

-joseftor@hamptons.com

Josef Torkelsen

I can't use AudioHQ to control sf2¡Bmixer¡B

speaker and other stuff,It will show me a message that says it can't found the hardware,but EA functional,only EA..>_<

can anyone help?

murlin, you have to update your sblive basic wdm driver to the new one before u install livewire 1 otherwise the software will report can't find the hardware

Can someone please comment on my post further up?

Am I the onlyone not getting EAX sopport?

I am getting four speakers, bbut when I enable EAX in games the sound is crappy.

after i replacing the

audioHQ folder with Liveware3's AudioHQ..

it works!!

i don't know why...but thanks anyway..^_^

Quote:
Originally posted by Galilee:
Am I the onlyone not getting EAX sopport?

You're not the only one... Half-life sounds really bad. Choppy sounds, that lag and switch from left to right with no fade, etc etc... haven't tried UT, but i would assume it all to be the same.. the sblive experience demo didn't really work either when i had the positional audio part. enviromental audio worked great though...

mr_yellow

I heard that by turning the sound level in the sblive mixer in launcher all the way up fixed the choppy sound.

since I don't have UT, no way I can confirm.

Does anyone know if the Dell WDM drivers work with the SB PCI 512? Thanks.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't the PCI 512 the one with the ensoniq chip on it? If so, you would not be able to use this. You can only use Liveware on SBLive cards.

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

The PCI 512 uses the Emu-10K1. That's why I was asking. It seems to be very similar to the Live Value.

I have the latest inf along with the dell drivers. Liveware is working fine to my knowledge and I only have 2 speakers...my problem now I have the SBLive Platinum with the Live Drive(the latest inf was said to support the platinum which would I assume support all the included daughter cards.) well it doesnt work. I do also have another SB Live daughter card the Optical I/O card which they have discontinued. It seems to work quite well with the exception I cant have both digital and analog out. I must chose one or the other. So I know daughter cards work, can anyone help me with the LiveDrive?

Thanks for the INF Josef. I used the dell INF file on an SBLive full and had some lacking sound quality. Instead this time I used your INF and it worked out excellent. Thanks!

so is lw3 from creative working with the modified inf or only the dell version of liveware? btw thanks for the hardwork on that *inf, souynd is great and as soon as the dsl is working win98 is gone forever smile

What a pig to install after having the butchered LW3 drivers installed, but finnaly the DELL drivers are working. Is there anyway to have both digital AND normal output at the same time. under advanced options in the Play Centre It says Digital Output only, if I tick this I get digital out, but lose the normal output. If I untick it no digital!