Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Munky619

Sims 2 DirectX 9.0c Problem

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyup........ I'm Runnin a ME and....

Quote:
Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make

sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest

drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.

plz help guys..... i've tried redownloading, moving it to System32, enabling all the stuff.... yet...NOTH-FREAKING-ING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pease Help.I'm Beggin' U

Please help us... I have Windows ME also and the same exact message as 100's of others:

Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make

sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest

drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.

I already downloaded directx 9.0 {TWICE}

I am going to BEST BUY tomarrow and beg for help...

Going to have them check out my video card also... I don't know what is is or how to find out on my computer...I have looked everywhere for info on video card ... and looked to see what my drivers are and how to update them to no avail...

GGGRRRRRRRRRRR HELP USSSSSSSS

Ok, these may or may not help you...

Quote:

First, make sure your graphics card is supported. It must be listed in the system requirements.

Here are the system requirements for Sims 2:

Quote:

If you have a T&L capable video card with at least 32 MB of video RAM then you need at least:

* 800 MHz P3 processor

* 256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98 or Windows 2000

* At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space

If you have a non-T&L capable video card (such as Intel Extreme Graphics or Radeon VE Series) then you need at least:

* 2.0 GHz processor

* 256 MB RAM if Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 98, or Windows 2000

* At least 3.5 GB of hard drive space

Supported video cards (and the more video memory the better):

* ATI Radeon™ series (7000 or better):

- Radeon VE Series (non-T&L - requires 2.0 GHz processor)

- Radeon 7000 (non-T&L - requires 2.0 GHz processor)

- Radeon 7200, 7500

- Radeon 8500, All-In-Wonder 8500

- Radeon 9000, 9200, 9500, 9600, 9700, 9800

- Radeon X300, X600, X800

* Nvidia® Quadro™ series:

- Quadro, Quadro2, Quadro4

* Nvidia® Geforce series (GeForce2 and better):

- GeForce2

- GeForce3, 3 Ti

- GeForce4, 4Ti, MX 420, 440

- GeForce FX 5200, 5600, 5700, 5800, 5900, 5950

- GeForce 6800

* Intel® Extreme Graphics (non-T&L - requires 2.0 GHz processor):

- 82845, 82865, 82915

If your graphics card is not in this list, consider upgrading it.

Quote:

If it's not supported, the game might work, but there's no guarantee that it will. Also remember that some cards, the non-T&L ones, will always require at least 2.0 Ghz processor power to run properly.

Quote:

To find out what kind of Graphics card you have, click Start, Run, and enter 'DXDiag' (without quotes). Click the Run button. Let DXDiag finish loading, then go to the "Display" tab.

On the Display tab you'll see the name and manufacturer of the graphics card.

OR try Lavasys' EVEREST Home Edition (it is freeware):

http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1〈=en&pageid=1

Install and start it. Then goto "Display->GPU", it will show information about your graphic card.

Quote:

First try to download new drivers from the manufacturer of the graphics card. Here are some common manufacturers:

Asus: www.asus.com

ATi: www.ati.com

Creative Labs: www.creative.com

Guillemot: www.guillemot.com

Hercules: www.hercules.com

MicroStar Int. (MSI): www.msi.com.tw

PNY: www.pny.com

Sapphire: www.sapphiretech.com

XFX / Pine: www.xfxforce.com

If there are no improvements after installing the new drivers, you can try to download the drivers from the manufacturer of the chipset on the card. For instance, Radeon (ATi) and GeForce (nVidia) are chipsets of graphics cards. Here are a few common manufacturers of chipsets, and their most common chipsets:

ATi (Radeon): www.ati.com

Intel (Extreme Graphics): www.intel.com

Matrox (Millennium, Parhelia): www.matrox.com

nVidia (TNT, GeForce, Quadro): www.nvidia.com

PowerVR (Kyro): www.powervr.com

S3 (DeltaChrome, Savage, ViRGE): www.s3graphics.com

SiS (SiS, Xabre): www.sis.com

Look for "Graphics Drivers" or "GPU Drivers" or someting like that on all of these sites to find the drivers for your card.

Note: There have been reported some problems of crashes or lock-ups when playing the Sims 2 and using ATi's Catalyst 4.9 Drivers (for Radeon cards). For now, try either using Catalyst 4.8 or wait for Catalyst 4.10 to be released if you're having trouble with the Catalyst 4.9 drivers.

Quote:

If up[censored] your drivers still doesn't work, you might have faulty installation of DirectX. Try the following to fix that:

- Make sure the Sims 2 CD is in the drive

- Open My Computer.

- Right click on the Sims2 icon (of the CD-rom drive) and choose Open.

- Double-click on the DirectX folder.

- Right-click on the DSETUP.dll file and choose Copy.

- Close this window.

- Open My Computer again.

- This time, open your C: drive (usually called Local Disk).

- Now open the WINDOWS folder (Sometimes also called WINNT).

- Open the SYSTEM (Windows 98/ME) or SYSTEM32 (Windows 2000/XP) folder.

- Right-click on an empty space in the folder and choose Paste.

It the issue persists, you might have to reinstall DirectX 9.0c. This is located on the Sims 2 CD, or you can download it from the following website:

www.microsoft.com/directx

OR

Download "DirectX 9.0c Redistributable for Software Developers - Multilingual":

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...;displaylang=en

(It is about 33 MB...)

Quote:

To install it from the CD, make sure the CD is in the drive, then follow these steps:

- Open My Computer

- Right click on the Sims 2 icon (of the CD drive) and choose Open

- Open the DirectX folder

- Double click the DXSetup icon to run the DirectX installation.

- Follow the instructions on your screen. You might need to reboot after the installation has finished.

Quote:

1. Click on Start.

2. Click on Run...

3. Type 'dxdiag' into the box (without quotes).

4. Click OK.

5. Click on the Display tab.

6. Find the DirectX Features box.

7. The first feature is DirectDraw Acceleration. It should say 'Enabled' next to it. If it says 'Disabled',

click the Enable button.

8. The second feature is Direct3D Acceleration. It should say 'Enabled' next to it. If it says 'Disabled',

click the Enable button.

9. The third feature is AGP Texture Acceleration. It should say 'Enabled' next to it. If it says 'Disabled',

click the Enable button.

10. Once all three are enabled, close the window.

Try starting game again.

VIDEO-DIRECTX-SYSTEM CHECKLIST:

http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/Video.html

Hope these help... Good luck! smile

we had a winXP sp2 system, directX 9c, ATI radeon 7000 series AGP, 32MB, intel p4 2.6GHz, 1GB RAM.

sims 2 would lock up hard every so often (5-15 mins.) to a black screen. no mouse/keyboard support, have to hit the reset button on the front of the computer. tried mucking with AGP speeds, didn't seem to make any difference. lowering the graphics aperture size to less than 32MB made the problem worse, and playing with directX direct3D settings didn't seem to make any difference, except for visual quality.

the suggestion made earlier on this thread to go all the way back to ATI catalyst drivers version 4.8 was a very good one! we had been trying to use catalyst 5.10 drivers, which is about 7 or 8 releases higher than 4.8.

i suggest you ensure sure the ATI catalyst 4.8 driver .exe file you finally find and download is scanned for the latest viruses, and i suggest you actually start the installer to ensure it will run... if the installer crashes or stops with an error right away, do not continue with the procedure here, as it will leave your video card in a pretty unusable state! double-click on the .exe file you downloaded, then hit the 'cancel' button when it asks if you want to continue. you will want to run through a more complete uninstall of your old video driver software before installing these 4.8 drivers.

here's the procedure we used:

- download a copy of ATI's catalyst drivers, version 4.8. you may have to look around the web for this if you can't find it at http://atitech.ca .

- right-click 'my computer', click 'properties', click 'hardware' tab, click 'device manager' button

- click the plus sign (+) beside 'display adapters' in this list

- right-click on your ATI card, click 'un-install'

- click yes to the warning

- when it asks you to reboot, click NO (do not restart now).

- click the 'start' button, go to 'settings', then 'control panel'

- double-click 'add/remove programs'

- highlight, then and click 'remove', on your ATI video drivers. if you have a slot in that list called 'ATI software uninstaller', use that; it should work for uninstalling everything that should be deleted.

- the system asks you to restart, this time click 'YES' (restart now)

- when your machine boots back up, it will ask you to provide drivers for your video card. you want to hit the 'Cancel' button here.

- run the ATI catalyst 4.8 driver installer .exe file

- let it reboot your system when it is done installing; click 'YES' when you are asked to restart.

after following that procedure, we re-ran the directX 9.0c installer just to ensure it didn't want to update anything (it didn't), then we ran sims 2. it works great now, we ran it for over an hour, and did not have any more system freezes. thanks for the help! wink