Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mistral

** AGP enabled in 3.69 ** (Yeehah)

Just downloaded the lates TNT/GeForce 3.69 drivers from http://members.xoom.com/PitGS/Public/Grafik/GeForce/Win2k_3_69.zip installed and, lo and behold, AGP *IS* enabled.

Also it seems that they have fixed a problem I was having with jerky screen in Virtual Pool (sound now delays a bit but that could be the hacked LiveWare I have).

Anybody else tried these drivers yet?

Please post any degrees of success or failure with this latest offering.

[This message has been edited by Mistral (edited 14 January 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Mistral (edited 14 January 2000).]

*big grin*

i just played half-life, UT, some direct X winamp plugins, some winamp opengl plugins, and some movie files... all worked.. I know it's not an intensive testing, but in my case. this is a miracle.

I just hope thisis still the case a couple hours from now.

I uninstalled the nvidia drivers, and installed the 3.69 via safe mode, so no format.. Upgrade from 3.65, where 3.66, and 3.53 were tested.

Best of luck to the rest of ya! I'm going to test quake3 smp soon..

I know this has been answered in here, but how do you adjust refresh rates in DX games?

When I start UT, my refresh rates are all off.

Thanks a lot.

In dxdiag under "More Help" theres a way of overriding the default DirectX refresh rates.

Hope it helps.

just finished with about an hour of q3 timedemoing...

I timedemoed in fastest, fast, normal, highest, and custom settings. all in non-smp and smp mode. every mode worked. Switched back and forth resolutions with no problem(this was a guarenteed crash on my machine before on ALL previous drivers).

this is sweet!

I tried 353, 365, 366, 368 and now 369. I just used the instructions included with the driver, which was much less awkward then those they put with the win9x driver. Installed no problems, all versions. I have unfortunately been too lazy to do any benchmarking, but performance has been at the very least comparable to when I had win9x on this box. So far so good!!

I just installed the new drivers (3.69) and they seemed to work fine at first, but after surfing the internet for a while my screen would just freeze. This has happened 4 times now...only solution is to reboot. I went back to 3.66 for now but does anyone know why this could be happening??? thanks

-Russell

Hi. I am running 3.69 also, Quake 3 runs great.

I still have a problem in Flanker 2.0, and Flight Sim 2000. I get "LINES" that go out into space in both games...dont knwo what this is from... Someone else on ehre had the same problems in flanker 2.0. No solutions yet...if anyone can shed some light, please do.

They work, AGP enabled and all that good stuff but they are not the most stable, dxdiag cant even finish testing d3d. I got a crash in Q3. I just went back to 3.66 I hope nvidia gets their act together and writes good drivers.

If you want to change refresh rates in DX there is a easier way through power strip. nVidia write good drivers they just dont release every version publically on thier site- reserved for the best driver.

3.69 uscks bigtime, computer is sooooooo slow in normal operations and playing of mpg's, the computer is not usable and the slowdown comes gradually, it looked fine in the beginning, 3.68 works fine

Just wondering, but are all of you with problems "clean" installing the drivers? i mean, uninstalling the video card from the device manager, and redetecting the card and then up[censored] with the drivers, all in safe mode?

thanks.

Hey Guys.

I've installed win2k final from scratch

After my problem and it stays the same...

... The problem is that Unreal Tournament

Makes my machine reboot. Never Happened Before. I will try disable AGP cos the most

instable drivers that i´ve used were the ones

with AGP enabled

My Specs

SE440BX2 Mobo (intel)

128Mb

CL Annihilator

Ive had three BSOD since installing 3.69. I dont know if this is from programs i had just installed but the first error came from nv4_disp.inf. And the other two BSOD came from win32.sys. (i think it was win32.sys it was late last night.) I havent changed back to my old drivers cause these new drivers are faster and look better in Q3. I was wondering about the offical 3.68 for win2k from nvidia and where they are?

3.69 works fine on me, i have 33fps in Q3A with full detail in 104x768 under W2K.

but something goes wrong with PowerDVD player... i can hear the sound but no movie ;(

I installed the driver and it still says PCI not agp when it lists the driver in device manager.

The trouble I have is when I have IE up and running then I open up a quake3 session and close out, I no longer have a system tray, or the buttons up at the right, nor can I scroll the page. Wierd huh? Well, nvidia will just have to go back to the drawing board.

if ur explorer dissaperas tim just restart by doing a

CTRL+ALT+DEL

TASK MANAGER

FILE

NEW TASK RUN

and type

EXPLORER

it should reintiate it

if that doesnt work jsut log off that only takes a few seconds. gluck

Are all of you using the same build? I am using RC2 build 2128... Even with the "safe mode uninstall, redetect, install" method I still get "device cannot start (code 10)"?? VGA only until I reinstall the Microsoft drivers.

Am I doing something wrong? Or are these drivers compatable only with the gold build?

-bjohn

bjohn, man, all the new nVidia drivers won't run on RC2. You need to have RC3 or the Final build in order to use them. smile

Tough luck, eh? I spend 4 days downloading Win2000 rc3, then it went gold, and then I just deleted it for Linux. :P

Thanks MousePad... you've saved me much frustration. I guess I'll just wait for retail.

-bjohn