Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jazTec

Wicked3D Drivers

Hey has anyone out there used the wickedGL drivers in win2k? I am going to try latter on today and wanted to see what the world thinks. . . Should work for win2k

Anyone have any idea when 3dfx or Wicked are going to issue working drivers for Win2k? The gl is so un-usable it's not remotely funny. frown.gif

------------------

-Mix

I think your unusable =) hehe

I don't know what your problem is, but opengl works great for me in win2k. Q3 runs at no less than 40 fps in 1024x768 on my voodoo3 3000.

You gotta be on crack Seld, seriously, I tried using the fix that was posted, and all I got was some nasty ass yellow and grey graphics.... so that fix doesn't apply to all of us... someone must get into the 3dfx site so we can get the new drivers smile.gif.

------------------

-Mix

Why does this fix not apply to all? Voodoo3 is a voodoo3....win2k is win2k......it works for everyone i know(save the people who can't get it going on here)

Seld, it just plain doesn't work. If it did, you and I wouldn't be responding here about it. Trust the fact that I would like for it to work, but that's not the case for me at the moment.

I downloaded the drivers, followed instructions, and I got a yellow and grey haze when I started up Q3A after following the instructions. I've told you directly what the issue is, so how is it that I am possibly wrong? Especially after I did exactly what the text says, and then my end results were terrible.

It didn't work for me, that's as simple as it gets. I've been a practicing tech for 3 years and have experience with all Windows Platforms. I'm pretty sure when I follow set directions for something and then it doesn't work, that it didn't work for me!

Geesh

------------------

-Mix

Hey I have found that there is a problem with some of the drivers out there. . . There is a typo in one of the file names. . . 3dfxgvl.dll should be 3dfxvgl.dll and are you running at 800*600*16? found that that helps too.. . sound to me like you are having a color palette problem, these are all banchee fixes, I am not running win2k because in 98 with a V3 and the wickedGL drivers I can run 1024*768 with fps around 60-90 sec ! !

Cant wait for refrence drivers! ! !

just my $0.00001 's

=ew

Mix simple solution, don't follow the instructions...just simply update your drivers through device manager......point it to where you unzipped the file...it will prompt you to overwrite the voodoo3.sys and .dll (say yes)and all should be good.....if not format your win2k and once it's done installing again do this first. Thats if you want to format. No offence to you but usually when it doesn't work right it's either your system is f**ked or the problem is between the seat and the keyboard.

[This message has been edited by Seldzar (edited 30 December 1999).]

After hearing all the hype about the wickedgl drivers and win2k I decided to go and try them myself, but the problem I ran into is that I can't get it to install, it says it doesn't support NT, do I have the wrong verison or am I missing something? I got the file from www.wicked3d.com .

thanks

Ouch!! IH8BMPZ2 what a way to screw up your first post ever here, watch what ya say around here.. were all discussing that they dont work for win2k, can u say "Nooooo"

also .. Seldzar i hope you see this ..but i must feel da pain too, im surprized u didnt blow up on mix, geez man cuz it doesnt work on your system doesnt mean were all screwed and opengl is screwed, maybe you should really just try to upgrade from that amiga.

;P

chameleon.kyoshiro

win2kbox.8m.com

ps: Jaztec, i think you mean from vgl or ogl

btw... Wicked has made an "unofficial" statement in the past that they're not going to support win2k unless there is a great demand for it. I'll send them a mail and ask what the status of any win2k support is..