Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CheekyMonkey

Removing Windows version from desktop

Ok, I have look everywhere I can think of to look. How do you remove the windows version from the lower right side of the desktop? I'm running WinXP.

Thanks

...eh? I'd be wondering just how it got there in the first place seeing how its usually only enabled on pre-release versions...

Anyway, TweakUI (part of the Windows Xp Power Toys has an option to disable it or at least, it used to. I haven't used it in such a long time (not since I used NT4 4 years ago) so I can't be sure if the latest versions include it or not.

Two solutions:

You can use xp PowerToys, in TweakUI, General, Last Option.

Or,

I can mail you a .reg file that does it for you, provided you give me your e-mail adress...

Ps: did you install WMP9 ?

Quote:
Thanks, TweakUI did not work, but I already found the setting to turn it off.

Mr.Guvernment, CheekyMonkey said he's found the right setting already, may I say your post was useless ?

I have a similar problem....After I loaded a beta version of SP1 to the corp versuin of XP, it added "Windows Xp Professional" and then the service pack and version to the bottom right of the page. I've tried tweak ui and can't find the setting to remove this.

You should really uninstall the beta builds first (i.e. gets rid of the testing message) and then install the final release.

However, the testing message can be removed by deleting the following keys: -

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\CA\Certificates\FEE449EE0E3965A5246F000E87FDE2A065FD89D4"

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\ROOT\Certificates\2BD63D28D7BCD0E251195AEB519243C13142EBC3"

--Cynan.

Thanks for that info. That is what so confusing. I did delete the Beta....

Like I said....Thank you much for the info