Sign in to follow this  
Sixpac

Hydravision + XP + Taskbar?

Ok here is what I am running.

Windows XP

ATI Radeon (non oem)8500 64mb DDR

1 - NEC Accysync 17" monitor

1 - Proview 19" monitor (main)

When I installed the Radeon Hyrdavision software I am able to extend my desktop onto the second monitor, however I am not able to extend my taskbar from the primary (19" proview) over onto the 17" Nec monitor.

Both monitors are running at 75 hz and at 1024*768 32bbp.

I have tried various configurations but to no avail.

Any help please?

Thanks.

With hydravision you can extend a program you are running to fit on both monitors. By default in the display properties, if you have dual vid cards, or a dual monitor display card, you can set up dual monitors without hydravision installed. However, the taskbar is only to be on the primary monitor, which is also the monitor that will play direct3d games.

Hydra vision is an ATI product that makes it easier to assign programs to a certain monitor, but windows can also do that as well.

Quote:

With hydravision you can extend a program you are running to fit on both monitors. By default in the display properties, if you have dual vid cards, or a dual monitor display card, you can set up dual monitors without hydravision installed. However, the taskbar is only to be on the primary monitor, which is also the monitor that will play direct3d games.

Hydra vision is an ATI product that makes it easier to assign programs to a certain monitor, but windows can also do that as well.

Interesting, however I have seen (in reviews) the taskbar extended over both screens.

????

True multi monitor support has the taskbar on the main monitor. I cant think of a reason why you would want the taskbar spilt like that, but the only time I have heard of it was with matrox cards and that was with bunk drivers or under win 2k with independant resolution problems.

Quote:

3D Game Man has put up a video review on the XFX GEFORCE4 Ti 4200 64MB Video Card

In this review when he enables the horizontal scale, the taskbar does in fact go over onto the second monitor. Weird. So when playing a Direct 3D game would it now be on both monitors? I dont think that this card has 'true' multi monitor support.

Which card? the ATI Radeon or the Geforce?

I have not been able to get any of my games (FS 2002 pro for ex.) to run multimonitor in Windows XP Pro.

Any ideas on that?

Quote:
I have not been able to get any of my games (FS 2002 pro for ex.) to run multimonitor in Windows XP Pro.

I have never played any flight sims, so I cant be of much help on that. It was the geforce card I linked to above....watch the review on it, when he enables the multi monitor the taskbar is on both monitors. And on top of that his centered background is half on one screen, and half on the other.