Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PhilUK

How to make SBLive in win2k work!

After a few hours last night I've managed to get my SBLive! working on win2k 2151! If any of you are still having problems with it (I had quite a few!) then try the following before using the liveware31.zip instructions (these DO work and are very well written - thanks!).

1. Turn OFF PCI Steering (goto Standard PC under Device Manager and right click properties) then the NT4 drivers will function.

2. DISABLE you're modem speaker device (if you have a modem) in Device Manager. If you don't then the LiveWare3 installation WILL NOT complete.

3. Log in as Administrator (not an Admin class account) otherwise LiveWare3 WON'T install.

4. Now follow the liveware31.zip instructions very carefully.

After doing this it worked perfectly every time! Remember to always DISABLE the modem speaker otherwise when you reboot you get no sound or LiveWare. Also remember to keep the "Do not map through this device" ticked in the SBLive! properties, otherwise when you reboot nothing works again.

Hope this helps!

Phil

Phil, It seems the only time I can get thru the 1st step of the Liveware install is just after I format and reinstall. It always hangs at the setup part. I am using build 2160 and Live Value. Does this make a difference? Nobody seems to know the answer to this question. I did what you said but the setup won't even run is step on of the process. Should I run liveware 2.0 first?

what about 2.1? Please help, I have been at this for 3 days, and noone here will answer my post.

Thanks Phil

I reformatted...again, and tried again. No luck. It hangs on the setup part after I renamed setup.ex_ to setup.exe. I double-click setup.exe the wizard goes to 100% and nothing. I am using a abit Bx6 rev 2.0 MB and a non overclocked 366. Sblive Value and a TNT2U video card, a Diamond SupraExpress 56i. Let me know what you think.

Lator Gator.

Hi Laddyboy,

The only thing I can suggest is to disable your modem completely (I had to the first time round, as it was being used when I installed LiveWare3 for some reason). I don't think either LiveWare 2.0 or 2.1 works on win2k from what other ppl have said. Also, have you managed to get the NT4 drivers working at all before the LiveWare3 installation? I had great difficulty until I disabled PCI Steering - then it worked.

Hope you have some success soon.

Phil

Talk about frustrated...I did totaly disabled the modem...no go. I did get liveware 3.0 to install once. Only after I installed the CD first and then Liveware 3. Either the sound would not work or the launcher wouldnot work, so I reformatted and reinstalled...again... not I can't duplicate it. Any other suggestions.....Thanks for helping me....at least someone here is trying.

Thanks Phil

Michael

Hi Michael

I was just wondering if you managed to get the NT4 LiveWare3 drivers to work at all? (ie. you have sound etc.) Forgetting about the LiveWare3 software for the time being - the biggest problem I had was getting the NT4 drivers to work. Once they worked properly the software installed first time.

BTW - The software does not install when the win2k beta Live! drivers are in use. I tried about 20-25 times to see what was stopping the installation. So getting the NT4 drivers working first is your best bet.

I have also reinstalled 2151 about 3 times already because of LiveWare3!! I might try another reinstall to see if the same method works every time.

Thanks

Phil

Phil,

No, I haven't got the NT4 drivers to work. I will work on that and get back to you.

Thanks

Michael

Hey Phil,

I got the NT4 drivers to work but the SBLive propertios says that there are no drivers installed for this device. I have sound and my playcenter works but my launcher still hangs. I have installed Liveware!2, I can't seem to get three to install. I was hoping to get 2 installed 1st and then move on to 3.

What did you do to get your card to work with 4.0 drivers?

Michael

GO into system hardware device manager. click on computer. It Has to say Standard PC also no IRQ steering. I had the same problems your describing before i changed this.

[This message has been edited by Death Strike (edited 13 November 1999).]

I seem to have a problem. Though I got LW3 installed and I have sound and all the other apps that come with LW3 working, I do have one problem. The Creative mixer, If I try and get into it, it gives me the following error:

CTSURMIX.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created.

Now, while the good thing is that I have sound, it does suck that this happens. Is this something I have to live with becuase of the workaround/patch or can this be fixed.

Please note that I am running Win2k Pro Build 2128.

Thx Phil.

I did a clean install, changed my Computer from "advanced something something" to "standard", no PCI steering etc., followed the very good and detailed instructions and finally got it up and running under RC2 biggrin.gif

------------------

DocSilly members.bigfoot.com/~albern