Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atreyu

Online merchants

Get this:

I just got a call from MicroPro saying that my order has been shipped (Altec Lansing Select 641 Speakers).

Well the dumbasses cancelled my order about two weeks ago and credited my card the full $167.

In other words, looks like I'm getting a free set of 641's... the only problem is, I bought a set from another website. So I'll have two sets!

Ebay here I come! I could make a nice penny off of this. laugh

Don't sell it quite that fast. It could be that the dumbasses charge your card again as they ship the stuff.

Good luck anyhow and let's hope the revenge is yours!

H.

Thanks bud.... funny thing is, I still havn't received it and technically I should have... it's been long enough. I think that they are so screwed up there that they may think they sent it, but didn't really. Very strange, I've never seen anything like it before.

You guys remember what I said about Dabs? That if you order early-ish in the day, chances are that you'll get it the next day? Well guess what - I placed my order just after 5pm last night, went downstairs @ around 12pm-ish & there was 1 of Parcelforce's "sorry we missed you" cards in the letterbox - now that's what I call quick service!

I wasn't actually expecting them to deliver today due to how late I placed the order - if I had I would have put a note on the door telling the guy to knock loudly [cos he doesn't otherwise, which means I can't hear it from my room].

If ever I need anything in a hurry I always use dabs.com

Due to the current rebates from Microsoft on Office XP I decided to upgrade to it.

Dabs were doing the Office XP Professional SPecial Edition upgrades at a nice price and ordered it around 2:00pm on the Wednesday afternoon.

I usually have stuff delivered to work and by 10:00am on the Thursday the delivery van had arrived and dropped of my copy of Office.

Excellent service, especially as delivery is free from them.

I like to use komplett.co.uk for prices but for sheer speed Dabs gets my vote.

I would have had my delivery today, but I missed him again by a couple of minutes. frown So I rang them up & arranged for it to be delivered tomorrow to the local post office, which is only around the corner. I should have done that yesterday - will do that in future if I miss him the 1st time.

I find dabs expensive for everything apart from the AOC Monitors and thats only because ebuyer dont stock them. The only thingi have found bad with ebuyer is that they dont sell floppy drives, or at least i havent found them yet.

I don't think £89.30 is so bad for an Abit KT7A-RAID v1.3 mobo - ok, so I would have liked it if the Athlon XP 1900 could've perhaps been a bit cheaper, but it is the boxed/retail version.

BTW - you were saying about Ebuyer's prices being better than Dabs'? I'm glad I didn't get my Athlon from Ebuyer!

Dabs__ £158.62 inc VAT

Ebuyer_£190.25 inc VAT

I agree there, never taken any notice of dabs for athlon cpu's.Actually from what i can tell all of dabs other athlon CPU's are more expensive like the 1700+ with fan is £10 cheaper at ebuyer. Especially the 2000+ on Ebuyer without CPU Fan is £178.05 and the same again without fan aswell it is £210.32 at dabs if u ask me thats one hell of a price difference

This just shows that it pays to shop around, I think I did quite well with what I got, but had I been shopping for different products I may have ended up buying from elsewhere. I checked Eclipse's price of an oem Athlon 2000+ & it was nearly £2 cheaper [than Ebuyer], but they charge for delivery. Isn't so bad if you're ordering several things, but for a single item it definitely is a factor.

Strangely enough their retail version of the same is a lot more - £241.99!

I have made two orders from half.com in the last year.

There are many different individuals and firms selling items through half.com so my experiences may be worst than some.

The first time I bought something (DVD-ROM movie) from half.com the order did not ship for several weeks but I did finally receive the order.

The second time I ordered from half.com (in April 2002) two books at the same time from the same vendor and I only received one book.

It is June 2002 and I am still trying to get my second book or my money back.

The customer service at half.com is really bad, but I think part of the problem is that the customer has to deal with the cumbersome half.com process instead of being given a direct contact with the vendor whom is selling merchandise.

Yeesh that is a long post. Nearly wore out my scroll mouse. I think www.mwave.com is pretty awesome, spent many thousands there, service is great, out of all the orders I only had two problems. Funny one was when the stick of (supposedly) non-ecc RAM arrived and digits started scrolling all over the screen. Ahem... otherwise, they have been great for the long haul.

If anyone in the UK is looking for a Geforce 4, have a look on www.scan.co.uk, they have a Chaintech Geforce 4 Ti4600 and it's the GT61 SE model for £269, it's the cheapest i've seen a GF4.

Quote:

I have another online merchant to stay away from http://www.pc-beyond.com "Beyond Computer Inc." Not only are they out of stock on much of what I wanted to order (which their website does not accurately represent), but it's one of those places that nobody who works there speaks English as their first language. They called me "dude" once when I was talking to them. Stay away.

yea they sold me promise ata66 cards that had somehow become modified to fastrak raid66 cards or something then they wouldn't take them back cause they said that i modified them. It sounds strange I know but I am too drunk to explain right now. Point is beyond computer sucks and their techs are dumb.

i just bought a ton of computer stuff from micro-pro like 1500$ worth

everything came in on time and in very good condition.

i like those guys

since the previous post i have put together 12 systems from them

they all have a 1 year warranty but i still havent had to use it

(thank goodness)

i did have to send the laptop back to hp

hp is great... i had the thing back in 2 days and it was all fixed and they paid for the overnight fedex. they even sent the fedex guy to my house to pick it up so i didnt have to go anywhere

(considering it was a factory refurb im a happy camper)

I'm thinking maybe we can un-sticky this message now. Nobody has posted in it for quite some time. Up to y'all.

Just purchased -

2x 80GB Western Digital Special Edition 8mb Cache HDD's

1x Raid Controller

200x 48x CDR's laugh , shoudl keep me going for life

1x 19" Philips CRT Monitor (Smallest 19" CRT with front back space requirement wink )

and they didnt have the monitor in stock so ebuyer have said they will give me free shipping and they will ship my monitor or free also when it comes in stock