Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Atreyu

Online merchants

Just a heads up --- do not order from http://www.micropro.com. They have no idea where my speakers are and their "customer service" is about equal in quality to that of Verizon's (worst possible). They are the epitome of idiocy and I will find as many places as possible to curse their name.

Ahhh yes... I feel somewhat better now.

Since we're at it, why don't we start a thread where we can praise or curse online merchants. I'd like to see what experiences y'all have had. I've got a long list of merchants that I wish would fall from the face of this earth... I'll list them when I get home from work laugh

I had started one a while back asking for good ones, but fortunately nobody had been burned in a while. Maybe there's a way to make a sticky post here. I'll take a peek around...

edit

Tis stuck now smile

/edit

LOL

Clutch do you dream of NTCompatible? I think you must carry your new pocketPC around all day long with NTCompatible loaded up on it or something cuz you are like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon with this board.

edit: I wrote that because he replied within one minute of my posting.. da nut.

I have another online merchant to stay away from http://www.pc-beyond.com "Beyond Computer Inc." Not only are they out of stock on much of what I wanted to order (which their website does not accurately represent), but it's one of those places that nobody who works there speaks English as their first language. They called me "dude" once when I was talking to them. Stay away.

dont use dabs.com there Customer Support sucks, i bought a Gigabyte GA-8IRXP from them and it arrived damaged, they refused to take it back until Trading Standards got involved.

I ordered some ram from OCZsystem, and they have been great.

Also the best company I have ever dealt with is MWAVE.COM

I've spent like 7k over the last year with them. THey rock

That's the kind of info I'm lookin' for... thanks! It will help us all out from getting screwed in the future.

Id have to come to the defence of dabs.com i think they are the best UK online retailer of computer hardware without a doubt. Unless you want overclocking type stuff that is.

I must have ordered a huge amount of stuff from them over the years and had 1 problem (Crucial ram broke and it took 4 weeks for a replacement).

Ive had alot of problems with other online retailers, most notably www.overclockers.co.uk

Also i have to say that no one could be more suprised than me at jungle.com, they were excellent every time i used them, i really expected them to be poo but i was very suprised.

For the canadian junkies....www.ncix.com is the best thing that has happened to me since the computer.

Cheap prices, and cheap, reliable delivery.

Ordered Thursday morning, recieved tuesday afternoon.

The most recent addition to my list of "prefered" on-line vendors are the boys over here:

www.komplett.co.uk

Their prices are great and their web site accurately shows stock levels - no more ordering only to find the 100+ they say they have in stock don't actually exist.

They are actually based in Norway even though they are using the .co.uk domain and your goods are actually shipped from there.

Before you ask, no this doesn't make it really expensive to ship.

I ordered a P4T-E MB, 512MB RDRAM & P4 CPU on the Monday.

I had it in my hands on the Wednesday via DHL and the delivery was £5 - less than a lot of UK based retailers charge.

I checked out MWAVE.COM per sapiens74's recommendation. They seem to be pretty good and the shipping costs were very, VERY reasonable. I'll probably try to grab my 641's off of there, but not until I get the morons at MicroPro.com to credit my card. The fools charged me (not a temporary authorization) while they didn't even have the product in stock... and furthermore they didn't have a record that my card was charged. Well if I go to my credit card's website, it says very clearly that I was charged $167 on 3-19-02.

I feel like I'm on a conquest here... I'm just tired of getting shafted by these online scams. If you're going to run a business, know that your customer is its life-blood and treat them like royalty. If they don't treat me as such, vengeance will be mine!

http://www.enpc.com seems to have pretty good prices and average shipping costs. I've never bought anything from them though so I cannot comment on their ability to function as a business. Anybody have insight to this merchant?

i have a kicka ss place for you all. www.tccomputers.com i have been buying from them for a long time. i am very plezed with thier telephone support, and thier site. i haven't had any prob with them so far. when i ordered my gf2 mx 32 meg they didn't have it in stock so they sent me a better brand of it.

i definately recommend www.dabs.com (UK based online retailer). In detail, I never have had a problem with dabs.com (ordered products worth over £3000 over 6 years), but (always a but!!!) 2 things to watch out:

1. Their Support Line gets worse and worse...i mean waiting for over 2hs on the phone waiting during weekdays!!!

2. They charge for delivery unless your order is in excess of £100.

Also, www.komplett.co.uk and www.overclockers.co.uk are the ones that I get hardware from, when www.dabs.com rarely does not stock at the particular moment. Both highly recommended.

Wow.. we seem to have a lot of folks from Europe on this board, I never realized! When I get some money together I'm gonna head over there for vacation. I've been to the U.K. before, for two weeks, and I loved it. That was the neatest thing I have ever done. I want to get down to the Italy/Greece area next time I go (maybe do some online shopping while I'm there :-) ).

Anyways, I dig you European folks. How are things going with the Euro? Bla bla.. I'm super bored at work today, can you tell?

micropro did same thing to me. i told credit card company and they sent me a new credit card

I've only ordered on-line twice, both times from Newegg. They have great, prompt service. All parts were shipped FedEx and came in perfect condition.

WOW Really? That's crazy. Yeah they were supposed to call me back by the end of the day confirming that my card has been credited. They have not yet called, and my card has not yet been credited.

I will be calling them AGAIN tomorrow to make sure they took care of things. This ordeal has been going on since Tuesday. I cannot describe my disguist accurately... I'm so ticked.

I will also be contacting the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint against the company... I suggest you do as well.

Did some research on Micro Pro at the Better Business Bureau's website http://www.bbb.org/ Check this out..................

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to unresolved complaints. The Bureau has processed a large number of complaints against this firm. Complaint allegations include the quality of the product was not as advertised, the company did not provide refunds as promised, and dissatisfaction with the company's service.

The company has responded to most of the complaints brought to its attention by the Bureau; however, some were responded to after lengthy delays, including some that had previously gone unanswered in Bureau files. Furthermore, some complaints remain unresolved in Bureau files.

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

Closed Complaints

Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 36 Months: 140

Number of complaints processed by the BBB in last 12 months: 65

Complaints Concerned

Advertising Issues: 5

Outcome of all complaints -

Resolved: 2; Company made every reasonable effort to

Resolve: 3

Sales Issues: 3

Resolved: 2; Company made every reasonable effort to

Resolve: 1

Delivery Issues: 15

Resolved: 11; Unresolved: 1; Delayed Resolution: 1;

Company made every reasonable effort to Resolve: 2

Repair or Service Issues: 7

Resolved: 4; Delayed Resolution: 1; Company made every

reasonable effort to Resolve: 2

Guarantee or Warranty Issues: 9

Resolved: 4; Delayed Resolution: 1; Company made every

reasonable effort to Resolve: 4

Product Quality Issues: 17

Resolved: 13; Delayed Resolution: 2; Company made every

Refund or Exchange Issues: 36

Resolved: 26; Delayed Resolution: 4; Company made every

reasonable effort to Resolve: 6

Contract Issues: 2

Delayed Resolution: 1; Company made every reasonable

effort to Resolve: 1

Customer Service Issues: 31

Resolved: 20; Unresolved: 1; Delayed Resolution: 3;

Company made every reasonable effort to Resolve: 7

Credit or Billing Issues: 15

Resolved: 11; Delayed Resolution: 2; Company made every

that's some incredibly nice record to look at....well, this stuff should be out in the open, going after the customers and not vice versa.... oh, i forgot to mention www.simply.co.uk, nice service but stock levels not always where you'd want them to be (i.e 0), but when they have the stuff they are top notch. Of course, neither simply.co.uk nor any of the retailers mentioned by me before charged my card, until the stuff were ready to go from their warehouse. Whenever they didn't have it, i got an email saying 'the estimated date for product x of your order is x days' - usually 3-5. When yhe good where on their way, another email would inform me that my card has been charged and the products were shipped.

I find www.simply.co.uk a real pain to deal with if you need to return something.

I had to wait over 2 weeks to get an RMA on a mouse, in the end talking to three people and each time nbody admitting to actually speaking to me!

I wont go back to them again.

Anyways, I dig you European folks. How are things going with the Euro? Bla bla.. I'm super bored at work today, can you tell?

I've got no idea mate, the UK decided to take the sensible option and not join up, so we still use money that actually looks and feels like money and not an extra printing run for Monopoly smile

Lets do just a little bit of trolling here...among friends

Quote:

I've got no idea mate, the UK decided to take the sensible option and not join up, so we still use money that actually looks and feels like money and not an extra printing run for Monopoly smile

Sensible option like sticking to those very practical measurements like fathoms and furlongs per fortnight....

Sensible option like not having any central fuses in the house but having the fuse on the cord for every appliance...

Sensible option like driving on the wrong side of the road...

Sensible option like having all-floor carpets in the bathroom...

With money you guys already gave in once when you stopped counting 8 Shillings on every Pound and 3,5 Pounds on everey Guinea or however it was done when you had the Real Brittish Currency. BTW, when was that changed, in the 70' s ? Anybody know how that system worked ?

shocked

H.

It was a sensible option in that one countries economy failing cannot drag our own down with it.

I'm sure many of you must have read about what the Euro actually means.

Yes there are many good points, however there are an equal number of bad points.

Should one economy fail it is possible, in theory, to drag every other nation down with it.

Anyway, it's just a personal opinion issue and I still say that the Euro notes look like an extra Monopoly run - Yes I have seen and held them when I went on a trip to France a week ago.

Pre-decimal Sterling isn't that difficult to understand.

Cool little link:

http://www.gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/units/money.htm