Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
worldgate989

Final Fantasy 7 (Specific Problem)

Well, I was messing around trying to get FF7 to run under XP today. The game works pretty well on my system and mind you this is without using the ACT. The 3D is nice and smooth, but the 2D backgrounds are all corrupted and messed up. Anyone else encounter this?

(FF7 w/TNT patch (but not in nvidia mode) with the Detonator 27.20 drivers on GeForce2 MX).

Heyo,

Though I've never experienced this myself, I've heard something to the effect that FF7 and the Ge2 don't get along after a certain detonator driver (21.81, or 12.41? I don't really remember).

I'd look up the information, but unfortunately, I have to run...

It's at

www.eidosgames.com

--> Forums

--> Final Fantasy VII

Read through the many posts regarding GeFs and FF7. Most have to deal with people not being able to get Hardware Accel to work for them (which I thought DirectX 8.1 solved practically single-handedly <shrug>), but I remember seeing some other stuff as well.

Good luck smile

--Poxnor

I've played FFVIII on WINXP with no problems at all. (I just had to update my videocard drivers. So no problem there.

But here are TWO problems I'm facing with FF VII.

1: I msut use software render. I have an old ATI 128 someting card whitch was not originally created to support 8-bit palette textures. i read how to fix this on an official ATI page and it almost works. i pass all tests and can select hardware acceleration BUT everything but charaters are GREEN! So I can't play it that way. if anyonw has a suggestion/made this work please notify me by mail ( espenoe@online.no)

2: The game chrased at chocobo races. (no suprise) I got the patch and now that section works perfectly. The NEW problem is the submarine mission! When it's SUPPOSED to change the screen to the underwater view the game hangs the computer frown Does anyone have a solution to this? Am I alone having this problem???

I have no problem with the chocobo races! Read the entire post!

Oh. two more things: the screen isn't GREEN when I use hardware acceleration, it's blue

And; I fixed the submarine problem on my own right after my post laugh

The software renderer could for some reason NOT handle the submarine scenario, so I switched to hardware rendering (all background became blue and unusable) but I found my way to the sub-mission and now it worked/look great!

Of course I had to change it back after the mission frown

Quote:

Read the entire post!
Oops, guilty as charged. I actually don't even have this game - I was just making sure you knew about the patch...

I guess so. But you _WILL_ need the unofficial chocobo patch, no doubt about it. And in my case I had to juggle the settings on my 3D-card to get the submarine thing working, but if yo have a card that supposrts 8-bit palette textures that should not be a problem.

I got to play the entire game on my computer with an early build of XP, so I don't see why not. :P

I've got the game working great on an IBM Thinkpad 570E under Win2000 Pro. It has a NeoMagic MagicGraph 256V non-3D video card, so I have to use software mode. I haven't gotten to the Chocobo races or the sub mini-game yet.

~MJE~