Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Philipp

New 3dfx drivers

Dingo: the archives at http://www.ntcompatible.com/3dfxfaq.shtml are not the same as the archives that were at the geocities page. The archives I posted were from the geocities page.

Thanks Anthony for hacking up these drivers. Makes for one less problem I have to research. Haven’t tried them in XP yet but the voodoo 1 drivers work great in win2k.

Also thanks Gott for the donated web space, that geocities stuff was quite frustrating.

Peace

Dalant

Dingo, SHS is an admin, and he did that stuff about 3dfx cards here. Gee, ya think he'd know anything about that? XP is different enough from 2k that the same driver may not work unless it's specified to work with XP too. It might work, and then again it might not.

I've put up another mirror in case that one does reach its transfer limit (hell I've got a domain sitting around with nothing on it ;( ).

EDIT: mirror is down now

Hi,

i checked your drivers and they work for me under WIN2K and XP,

great work!

I wanted to ask u, if u could make a new set with the newest Glide and OpenGL drivers, which are in the Reference W2K drivers for the voodoo 2, because the ones from your manipulated ones seem to be the same as the ones from the original Quantum Drivers, which are quite old:(

I can even test them for u, if u don't have an obsidian at home smile

I have selfmodified reference drivers, which work with the obsidians

quite well, but their is no TV-Out support:(

No-L I did that way for best compatible being the drivers for quantum card are a tad bit diff from a reference voodoo card you may not see this but I do.

Yes, i know, but with a few settings in the reference ini-file it runs as it should, but someone has to implent the tv-out settings,

could u do that? do u have an obsidian to test it?

i will give u that modified ini tomorrow, maybe u can handle it.

thanks for replying anyway smile

I no longer have a obsidian to testing beside I still need the Source Code.

Any possibility of a working Banshee driver for XP? Even just Glide/OpenGL would be fine.

The new ones posted for 2000 didnt work..

I will try it myself, m8

I will try my best to get it done, and will post those drivers,

will test them, to see if the Quantum ones are beter than the 3dfx reference for W2K

but thanks anyway :))