Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
minus10

Maybe New SB Live Drivers available!

I found this on Creative's news server:

Quote:
The beta version of Windows Update has two Creative Labs drivers updates for SBLive! These drivers actually cannot be normally downloaded. You have to put the windows update application in "advanced mode" and then access the "windows update catalog". Then search for "Creative Labs Inc." Two updates will appear. The interesting things are that:

1) These drivers actually work in Windows 2000, solving almost all current problems with liveware 3 drivers.

2) Modifying a registry key , 4 speakers output is enabled and , moreover ,digital output is enabled.

Btw: emu10k1f.sys version is 5.12.01.3028

Hope this helps.

Bye

----------------------------------

Francesco Edoardo Saccà

http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

Download works only with WindowsXP.

Upload for Windows 2000 would really be appreciated!

Thanks,

minus10

Sorry.

Too little too late - my Turtle Beach soundcard is winging its way here as we speak.

Like most other SB users on this board, I got pi**ed off with Creative's approach to SB products under Win2k - so I'm saying hasta la vista to my SB card, and I'm looking forward to some nice smooth sounds from my PC, without the clicking, and premature finishing of sounds!

The problem is that we are all fairly technically competent people on this board, because Win2k kind of dictates that - but that will not be the case when XP rolls out.

Message to Creative: Get your act sorted out for when XP finally appears in the shops, otherwise you will have a lot of very annoyed users on your hands!

Just my 2p worth!

AndyF

Can't wait to see your robot Andy wink

As for the Live! Drivers, these ones work fine! I have no problems!

Why release new ones?...

Quote:

Can't wait to see your robot Andy wink

Hmmm...I'm in the process of up[censored] my website, but can't seem to find the time to do it! Have reposted the old version if anyone is bored enough to have a look cool

Quote:
As for the Live! Drivers, these ones work fine! I have no problems!
Why release new ones?...

David, all I can say is that out of all the users of this message board, you must be unique! No problems at all? No clicking, no lack of EAX, no crashes, no lockups?
Share your secret, do!

AndyF
(with my tongue firmly in my cheek! laugh )

I must be unique as well then as I have two PC's that I have CT Live cards in and have never had any problems with them at all, whatever drivers I have used and whatever games I have played. But then I am not unique am I, firstly I don't use VIA based chipsets, neither do those who have sucessfully used Live cards normally post up in this newsgroup.....

Chris

Hmmmmm...

I upgraded from an Ensoniq PCI Audio a few weeks ago and have had no problems at all so far, everything's been sweet, in Win98SE and Win2k Pro wink

the problems exist on all platforms, intel or via.

the problems are due to antiquated drivers and no updates.

if you aren't having problems, then you are very lucky or...

you are making the same mistake 99.9% of everyone who says "I am having no problems with SBLive and Win2K using default drivers" is making - i.e. the default setting for these MS drivers (i.e NOT full hardware acceleration) disables EAX and all of the advanced SBLive features. In other words, you basically are running only an Awe32+ level card under Win2K if you don't have the acceleration upped to maximum.

All known problems only exist when the SBLive is fully enabled, with all driver sets, from MS or CL.

Regardless, none of the SBLive driver sets works properly under SMP systems yet. None of the SBLive driver sets work properly for all users under all supported OSs. And it is now something like 18 months since the official release of Windows 2000 and something like 3 YEARS since the OS started beta testing.

Because of this inexcusable lack of support, I have chosen to boycott all CL purchases for myself and the companies I support or own. I will never purchase a Creative Lab product again.

:}

Another unique guy here. I have 3 computers using the SBLive! card with varying platforms in Win2K with no issues. Damn the luck.

F@%K Creative, the fact that you have to go through all that trouble to get drivers says it all.

I just got my Hercules Game Theater XP in the mail

F@$K Creative

Gonna Pi@S on my SBLIVE!

Errrr Dragon-Lord, you didn't read my post correctly. I said EVERY driver, that is the MS ones, the CT basic ones AND SB Live ones, I also use all the settings up to full. I must be then, according to your odds, one of the 0.1%er's. Never had any probs running Mechwarrior4, GP3, TC4, Serious Sam or any. I do rather think that it is as I said, the people who post here are only the ones who tend to have problems. That is why as a builder of PC's I am happy to use Intel chipsets with CT Live and as of yet I have not had problems.....

Chris

ok, sorry if I missed that. But I have both Via and Intel based systems and no combination of SBLive drivers have been 100% perfect for me under Win2K for either of them.

So, I am glad you aren't having problems!

Congrats, but I am still boycotting CL. :}

I installed the new drivers, and now Liveware didn't work anymore... I am the only one with this "little" problem ?

But EAX works great, even in thief 2 :P

tested them and they have solved all of my problems.

Previously Hibernate would not work with the Liveware II drive attached. I was using SBlive value drivers from Gateway.com instead of Creatives official ones which fixed the problem but gave a few performance issues.

Now Hoorah the latest drivers support hibernate with the Livedrive!

Yipee - its about time Creative got their act together.

I've still gone off them over this and other issues, and will probably not use them again. but better late then never.

One phone call I had with a Creative tech support dude, denied there was a problem with hibernate and the LiveDrive, even though loads of people suffered from it including the reviewers of Ntcompatible when reviewing the card. DOH

The big question is do they work on SMP systems? I doubt it. But, since I had to do an entirely new install of Win2K to get rid of the old CL driver residual crapola (so that I could use a working from day 1 Santa Cruz), there is no way in hell I am going to test these myself. hehe

Anyone try them on an SMP system?

:}

These new drivers are fantastic. smile At last the little "Dolby digital" light on my speakers is lit when I'm playing DVDs laugh

For those having problems with liveware with the new drivers (Macbard), if you read the text file that SHS wrote, you'll see that you need the newer version of liveware that comes with the 5.1 series of cards which if you have time, you can download from here

--

Xiven

ABit KT7-RAID

D750 @ 850MHz

256MB PC133 RAM

Creative Labs 3D Blaster GeForce2 MX (Det 12.41)

Creative Labs SBLive! Player 5.1

Macronix MX98715 100Mbit/s Ethernet Adapter

Maxtor 5 T060H6 Ultra-ATA 100 Hard Drive (Primary Master on HPT)

Fujitsu MPD3173AT 17.3 GB Ultra-ATA 66 Hard Drive (Secondary Master on HPT)

Creative DVD-ROM DVD1241E (RPc-1) (Primary Master on IDE)

Iiyama Vision Master Pro 451 19" Monitor

Cambridge Soundworks DTT3500 Digital 5.1 surround speakers

Win2kPro (SP-2)

Quote:

These new drivers are fantastic. smile At last the little "Dolby digital" light on my speakers is lit when I'm playing DVDs laugh

For those having problems with liveware with the new drivers (Macbard), if you read the text file that SHS wrote, you'll see that you need the newer version of liveware that comes with the 5.1 series of cards which if you have time, you can download from here

--
Xiven

But will the newer version for the 5.1 cards work with the NON 5.1 cards?

Yes they will, a friend tried my liveware disc on his non-5.1 card. No problems.

Quote:

Yes they will, a friend tried my liveware disc on his non-5.1 card. No problems.

OK, I'll give it a shot. I don't have any liveware installed now. Just so you know, I'm holding you and your friend responsible if my system gets screwed up.......just kidding laugh

I'll report back later as I can't get them right now.

I updated my SBlive about 3 weeks ago......

With a Game Theater XP

No problems with EITHER card...

but this sounds sooooo much better...

F@ck Creative!

After 3 years they finally release half-a$s drivers.

MY Hercules works great and sounds better.

I know everyone doesn't have 150 bones to throw on a sound card, but I encourage you to boycot creative and get a Hercules, Santa Cruz or Philips sound card.

Fu@K Creative,

We all Deserve better

Everything seems A-Ok here. Just installed the SBLIVE drivers a second ago. It looks like these are the latest leaks from Creative. It seems like these drivers play DiVX movies quite well, meaning that the audio coming out seems to be more universally surround, giving that nice EAX-like environment. Download these and you will notice that the gaming environmental sounds included in Quake 3 Arena are more crisp, more concise.

Enjoy! Highly Recommended!

On the VXY Scale (0-10):

9.5 out of 10

OK I loaded the drivers and everything worked fine. I got the latest liveware and of course it replaced the drivers. So, I updated the drivers with the new ones and I lost all functionality of the liveware. I uninstalled everything and re-installed liveware and everything is working fine but it's using the old drivers. hmm, oh well.

Xiven that well depend on which non-5.1 card it is Rev 1 or 2 you have rev 3 I think you can get away with rev 2 like X-Gamer or MP3+ but not rev 1 SBLive Value it was the odd ball just like SBLive 512 card.

sapiens26 knock it off we all ready know that.