Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
minus10

Maybe New SB Live Drivers available!

Hmm... I've been using my Iwill's integrated sound since I upgraded my system what with all the SB Live problems with W2K. Maybe it's finally time to put my X-Gamer back in?

I'm going to try the Hercules, and put the SBLive! in my other machine, which is running Win98SE, for the kids.

From what I'm reading about the Hercules, they have much better support, especially for Win2K.

Ok I made some update on how to fix some of the problem some you are have with the older NoN 5.1 SBLive cards have fun see you later

Quote:

Ok I made some update on how to fix some of the problem some you are have with the older NoN 5.1 SBLive cards have fun see you later

Ok, now it works great with Liveware 5.1, thank you SHS smile

Welp, I'm still not able to set the hardware acceleration to full. But when I do (set acceleration to full) I no longer get repeating sounds, instead some sounds skip much like an old vinyl album.

Something thats been bothering me while reading various SBLive related threads: why is there a faction of board members whom are "religiously adamant" that all the SBLive + Win2k problems are caused by Via chipsets and/or poor quality components? Under Win2k my SBLive refuses to work properly (as advertised) either in my Asus A7Pro or my Abit SE6. However, it works near flawless on both systems under Win98 or WinMe. Why am I incorrect to assume the Win2k drivers are subpar?

yeah you right, officially Via and recently Creative also put their hands up to admitt a bug in their stuff. This so called via bug actually very rarely effects via chipset users. Most Via chipset users and infact any chipset user who experiences problems with the SBLive range of cards simply put it down to the bug when in reality the problems are caused by SHITE drivers by Creative. How long has Win2000 been out now? and they still haven't released decent drivers. Drivers still do not support SMP after this long of waiting. Creatives development team are unequivically at fault on this one.

AAhh! I followed the new directions and the sound works OK. But now my joystick port driver won't install. Here's the error I get when I try to update the driver. It will see it as "Game Port for Creative SB Live!"

error.jpg

Any ideas??

Thanks,

did you by change del the wdma10k1.inf ??

If you did just e-mail me I send it to you hehehehe.

Does anyone have a mirror for the file? The link doesn't work anymore. Thanks.

Sorry yes I know now that I'am back

i have win2k and sblive value with liveware 3 for win2k

the sound is perfect, eax works, 4 speakers works etc...

wat is wrong with win2k drivers and y are u guys flaming creative??

do i need the latest drivers??

i have to agree with daedalus, ihave never had any probs with my blaster x-gamer under win2000 everything has always worked and it sounds great. i run it on an msi 6195 amd motherboard with an athlon 600@693(just recently bumped it up from 663 and still sounds great)although i am interested in getting the game theater for my new box i'm going to be building not because creative sux but becuase it'new hardware i havent played with yet:D

people are complaining because the live!ware 3 drivers sound like crap, and effect performance a lot. Not to mention the VIA chipset bug. If you go into 9x and play sounds using the CL drivers in that OS then go to 2k and use the drivers in that OS you will notice how bad the drivers are.

what are these new drivers? where do they come from? Creative? or are they modded by a tech end user perhaps?

really?? i tried sounds (games and mp3s and wavs) in both winme and win2k and winxp, all sound the same

i have asus a7v133 via kt133a chipset.

however, with via chipset when i playt a quicktiume mov file the sound is crackly

actually thc129 i did upgrade from 98 to 2000 and noticed no dicernable diference(sight and sound as opposed to actuall benchmarks) in either sound or performence, i lost one to two frames in UT when using the timedemo when i upgraded but i think that has to do with 2000 and not the drivers for my live card.as far as the via thing i couldnt really say my board doesnt have a via chipset.

When I went to my new Hercules Game Theatre I noticed a major difference in quality. I'm so glad I got rid of my old SBLIVE

I'm planning to buy one, and connect it to a Playworks DTT3500 speaker set. How good does it perform under Win2k/WInxp?

you probably all know by now but just incase there are even NEWER SBlive drivers out (3300) check em out.

where are these drivers.

I cant find em

Please tell me the link.

thanks

Just ordered myself a Hercules GTXP. My SBLive has been annoying me for far too long. Plus that external box thing is cool.