Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jake9190

Scripts using NT4 Server and win98se stations

I am setting up a small network consisting of 13 win98se computers and 10 win95 computers. I have tried to use system policies and scripts on the win98se computers and had luck finally with policies with help from clutch. I am, however, still having problems with the scripts. I originally setup login scripts to map 1 drive and to update the time with the server, however, I now want to add a second share to this. I tried to change it, but the scipts do not update, i have tried adding a pause since the scripts execute very quickly but that does not even update. I have an admin account that I am using on the computers and that, however, does update. I am lost as to where the script is coming from that the computers are using. I have searched client and server with no luck. I am using a WINS server. Any help would be appreciated.

Jake

Now, you are submitting the new scripts to the "NETLOGON" share, (C:\WINNT\system32\Repl\Import\Scripts) right? I know that it's a dumb question, but I wanted to get that out of the way. Now, all the accounts are pointing to the same batch file that you are up[censored] right? Let me know what you have for these things. You can also add "write" permissions to the NETLOGON share for admins to speed testing, since it's easier to work by that share name than the entire path to the directory.

I had this same issue with servers overwriting each other, even though I was changing the file on the PDC, and it was the newest file. I wound up writing a batch file that would copy the new file I was writing to all the servers at once. This fixed the issue completely.

Yes, I am putting all the scripts into the netlogon folder. I am only using one PDC as a server so I should not have the same problem as you, I have already given write access to admins previously. I had all the computers using seperate login scripts but as of today I have condensed into 1 for the win98se computers and it still does not seem to have any effect. The files do remain in tact so they are not being changed back to the original file. I am not sure where the login script they are currently using is and it is very hard to tell because it moves so quickly. Any other ideas?

Thanks for the reply,

Jake

Are you going to the properties of each user in your workgroup (usrmgr.exe) and adjusting the logon file to run?

Actually I had not done that previously since they are all using the same script, although I have adjusted individual users at times to try to give them their own script with no luck. I am still out of ideas. Thanks again,

Jake

Do you have a PDC and a BDC (backup domain controller) on your network? It happen to me before where I make a script change on the PDC and did not copy it to the BDC NETLOGON folder. When a user logon most cases teh BDC servers up the logon scripts. Hope this helps

We have just a single PDC, so that should not be an issue. Thanks for the reply.

Jake