Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
felix

Whistler discussion

my response to you is

"if you don't like it, don't install it". You can sit back in the old times when everyone else is installing it...

For the past 14 years...MS's operating system had no class, no style and no eye candy. Finally they bring something out that is better than the best and if you don't like it, too bad. Don't ***** to us about it, cause we can't fix it.

I may as well point this out before everyone else does..

this is the prime example of the

"People don't like change" rule. They can't accept that the OS GUI is changing so they say it sucks and looks like stuff that it isn't in hopes that the OS will reverse itself...if you can't accept change...you don't need to be living..

so i should kill myself because i dont like the gui? jdulmage i understand why you are this boards monkey. i will take your earlier statement seriously and never take anything you say seriously.

except for the fact that i should install dos before win2k.

[This message has been edited by nagual (edited 16 August 2000).]

"That looks like ****."

laugh

Each of us has our own preferences as to how our desktop looks. I don't like my desktop to look all pretty. It's a desktop. That's what it does. I don't like wallpaper, pretty color, and extra fonts eating up my memory. Even on a P3 with 256m of ram I still turn that stuff off because I can notice the difference.

When I finally get my dual P3 933 put together I'll still do the same thing.

Notice I said it looks like ****. I didn't say anything about the OS itself. Whistler is just NT5 with some prettiness added on. Kinda like how 98 was to 95.

but it's fastest overall..and looks nicer. and it's got the combined of 9x and NT. And when it's done, it'll be broadband and interactive more so than any other OS I know of. So those are good things

jeez..I better shut up before this goes to 9 pages... smile

I think im gonna like whistler.....I have downloaded it but i did not installed it...maybe i will....

It still looks like ****. They better offer an option to turn off that crappy logon screen. What is this Windows for Dummies? On my network with all the password calls I get I can see the reason why, but for me that stupid screen really ticks me off. mad.gif

why don't you just give it a rest DosFreak? nobody cares about whether or not it sucks in your opinion..

second, another thing comes to mind "people don't like change"...I guess this is a very good, but stupid example of it.

third, you are only the second person out of about 300 that has said "it sucks"...so why would anybody go along with you? exactly.

------------------

-------------------------

Because I can.....

The new design of Whistler remind me alot of MacOS. Now I need only a new mac like case wink.gif

well I can tell you that MS is only doing this because they want their OS to be customizable like that of Linux...I don't really care myself, I like the OS, it's stable, faster and overall better than Windows 2000 anyday...

News smile.gif

According to Windows-Millennium.net is Build 2273 of Whistler internal released.

i like the skinability (if thats a word heh), of it and i look forward to making my own skins and shell looks for it. I like litestep and other programs like that but i dont feel like taking the time to learn it all, even though it would be cool. I just wish that M$ would make the kernal and other companies would make the GUI for it like linux has.

Well..

How do you know if MS is making those skins or not? I mean...maybe they said to companies to make them but make sure you keep the Start Menu and Desktop looking the same, but change it anyway you can? I mean, it's too early into pre-beta to figure that out.

------------------

Because I can.....

CM do me a fav and just post links. I am on a 24 k connection here out in the middle of nowhere Vermont. Also it makes it a real pain to veiw posts when all of those pics are loading you loose your place cause everything gets shifted down as you are reading.

and to jdulmage I am not quite sure I understand what you mean about the skins! Of course MS is going to produce skins that is one of the main features of the new OS.

i know that...but maybe it isn't MS that is making them...maybe other companies or other affilates are making them and giving them to MS to use in future Whistler builds....

you never know

Sorry Four and Twenty. I forgot that not everyone has a fast cable modem. Those thread load here in just 5 secs smile