Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
felix

Whistler discussion

Damn that sh!t looks slicker every build

I whish that I didn't have this ****ty modem I could play with that **** to. Oh well fiber is just around the corner according to adelphia but they have been saying that since august.

Well,

I just finished installing beta 1 and quite frankly.....

IT KICKS ARSE OVER EVERY OTHER OS (including Lunix)

------------------

Written on Win2000 using:

PII 300

Aopen AX6B

160mb RAM

Diamond Viper 770 32mb

SBLive! Value

20gb Seagate

6gb WDCaviar

Pioneer 32x CD-R (Slot)

Realtek RTL8029AS 10mbit

Accton EN1660 10mbit

Osborne MO117 17"

Using 100% Australian Made recyclable electrons

ahhh yes....there we go, another one of those great people that understand and go with the right choice, soon all of you will love it.....MWHAHAHAHAHA....

*cough*

anyways...just bumping the post up

The only thing I have to ask is: Did they change the telnet thing on server from NTLM? That's the only thing that pisses me off about 2000. I also like the slick look of the new Windows Operating system. I may have to buy it once it comes out. smile

hmmmm...let's see here....

win2k works almost perfect (nothing is perfect) on my machine BUT those not work nearly as it should on my friends computer (or some others computer by that matter).

SO, what is the deal? well, hardware!

yes, whistler comes out works nice on my computer again BUT guess what? new hardware WILL always mean NEW problems, which means...Whistler is going to be more stable and faster (GOD, I HOPE SO IT DOES) smile

BUT, there will always BE PROBLEMS!

am i right, anyone?

//Silent

Reading this is funny **** :-).

Cool with all these pictures.

one thing i would like to know.

How about drivers for units, do u use 2kdrivers, or will it x-cept some 98/ME drivers to.

----------------------------------------

So lets say my scsi MUSTEK scanner will work.

------------

Thx ;-)

2000 drivers. You can only use 9x drivers if they are WDM. So ONLY use 9x drivers if the download page states so.

Whistler damn well better have a Classic Desktop option. All this frilly stuff seems like it was just made to appeal to Mac users.

anak1 - It does have a Classic option.

I'm running 2416 now.

It owns me, if only i had more ram though.

I think i'm able to overcome all the sloppy beta coding and ram munching behaviour with raw power at the moment, so that's ok.

it is not to bad on ram. I have outlook 2k and a few ie processes and a dozen programs in my tray and it is eating 164 megs of ram. That is not to bad is it? I would say that a power user with win xp will want like 384 megs of ram or more cause it is very easy to use over 300 megs.