Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
felix

Whistler discussion

awwwww. MR. 23 posts is mad because of my signature....ohhh, i'm too pro-whistler, oh boy. I better just go back to Windows 3.11 before he cries. What are you an idiot? If I like something, I go PRO on it, if you don't like it, don't read my posts, end of story. Now, at the end of this reply, i'm going to say...REPLY #100!!! and i'm also putting my little signature on the bottom, but if that signature offends you....too bad. I mean, I have been offend enough here, and I finally took it all in and suffered it, so you can do the same. Just because I like something, doesn't mean that i'm against it. And when I say "whistler is better than windows 2000" either

1) It just my opinion

2) The AVERAGE user has proven it

In this case, it's both of those rules. If you don't like, too bad, don't read my posts. End of story.

------------------

Whistler is or will be better than Windows 2000, if you don't think so, get a reality check and hope it doesn't bounce.

jdulmage your getting old shut your yap and go spam another board.

"The AVERAGE user has proven it"

Hmmm, guess all those beta testers are AVERAGE users. heh. laugh

yeah...I can leave this message board anytime, if you want me to go, just say it. Obviously I ain't wanted here. So if you want me gone, just say it

Another page... another screenshot from 2267 smile

2267pic1.JPG

OK we want you to leave, get out of dodge and dont let the flames hit you in the ass on the way out !

Grant,

In the words of Terrance and Phillip

"Grant, you're a D1CK".

JD might have been a bit of a tool, but at least he wasn't the diseased son of a tattoo covered crack wh0re.

I spurn you as I would spurn a rabid dog....

heh. Aren't you supposed to shoot rabit dogs? Don't spurn 'em. They might bite ya. laugh

Good lord, how old is Jdulmage? By the responses he gives on this board you'd think about 14. My post was aimed at the way you flame everyone that says anything you don't agree with. Just so you know, I am not against progress. I abandoned 3.11 years ago, and have kept up with every new release since. I'm currently running 2000 and will likely upgrade to Whistler when it's finished. Nowhere did I say anything about not liking progress. I said I don't like the method you use to deal with people on this board. And about your smart-ass little comment about 23 posts, I seem to remember when a post showed up that said "I don't mean to piss you off....." I've been reading this board a hell of a lot longer than my number of posts would indicate, but see I don't send useless flames and drivel just for the sake of pushing my number of posts up.

I think you should leave. I can't say that I remember any time when you gave a civil answer to a question without making some smart ass "I'm better than you" comment. Ok, you're running Whistler in alpha, congratulations, I'm proud of you. Does that mean you're better than I am? No, I don't think so.

I also never said that your signature offends me. That was a statement made by you. I can swallow up being flamed and not get mad. The entire point of my post was NOT about your signature. You can say whatever you want to there, I don't really care. It's about the fact that none of your posts serve to further any DISCUSSION. I'm sorry, but it does not help anything when you say things like "This post is becoming useless very fast" or "I pretty much spit on Windows 2000 right now as far as comparing the two. Loser..."

At least when you flame this post, try to actually comprehend what I'm saying before you sound like an idiot.

I think you guys need to calm down. jdulmage

is my friend and is a good person. I think you need to put a side your petty little problems and focus on what this message board was created for. It really doesn't matter what you think of someone, who cares. All the added crying about previous posts just takes up space. So please just focus on the os.

Hey jdulmage -- What the hell do you mean that it has "9x support in it"?

+ Do you mean that it has a kludged-up partially 16-bit kernel? Of course not.

+ Do you mean that it runs Windows 9x drviers? Of course not.

+ Do you mean that it runs DOS drivers and Win3.1 .386 drivers (like Win9x does)? Of course not.

+ Do you mean that it runs programs with 9x-specific Win32 extentions? (It probably does not.)

+ Do you mean that it runs in an insecure single user mode? (Doesn't look like it from the screens.)

+ Is anything going to change about the Driver API or DirectX/OGL support that will make any better for gaming than Win2000? (Why would it?)

+ Is it magically going to make old DOS and 9x games that are incompatible with 2000 start working? (Microsoft wouldn't waste their time.)

So, what the hell do you mean by "9x support"? Nothing, it seems -- you are flaming people with an absolutely meanless statement!

It's great that MS is finally delivering an NT-based home user OS, and you are probably rightfully excited. Just remember that they could have done the same thing with NT 4.0 in 1996 (and didn't) or Win2000 this year (and didn't), and there's a real possiblity that they will fail to kill 9x one more time.

lol, you make me laugh..

when I say 9x in it, I mean that you can actually run all of your games, like win9x, you can step into a multimedia world, like win9x. It'll have some features that were taken from winME. Etc.

Also, they couldn't have made it back in 1996, because they didn't have the engine or kernel to do it in, XML was that around in 1996? DHTML, was that around in 1996? I can't remember, but I don't believe so, therefore they couldn't have done it. Also, they rely a bit on C#, a language designed around .NET services. End of story.

<edit>

I also must add the fact that you sound like you work for MS by saying "microsoft wouldn't do this" or "microsoft wouldn't do that"...lol, like you would know....

and yes, they are doing some of that stuff, so don't just assume....

and like I said before, it really sounds like your *****ing about it more than you are asking a question or questions

</edit>

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 13 October 2000).]

I'm not asking you questions, ****head, I'm flaming you because you are moron. L0L!!!indeed.

1) There's nothing in Whistler that will make it "run all your games" any more than Win2000 has. 90% of new games run on 2000 today -- in 1-2 years when Whister ships, there's no incentive for Microsoft to make 4 year old games start running.

2) NT has always had the exact same multimedia support as 9x.

3) DHTML was around in 1996, and that's when Microsoft shipped the DHTML-based "ActiveDesktop". They mess with the graphics a bit in the AD UI, and we're supposed to start spooging like you are?

Microsoft has had XML/XSLT support on the desktop for more than a year. They are just starting to use it in the default UI. A skin deep change -- I don't see them dumping the registry for a something sane like a XML-based configuration system.

4) C# hasn't shipped yet. It will only be used for non-critical functionality in Whister. I could care less if they wrote this stuff in C# or J++ or VB.

Microsoft has announced that Whister is not the target platform for the full .NET infrastructure, although it will have some bits and pieces. It's largely UI refresh, skin deep, that's all. The real .NET stuff comes in the next version.

The fact that someone can get so pumped about some GUI tweaks is a pretty sad indictment of their understanding of how the current versions of Windows work. Myself, I'm more excited at the possiblity that 9x/ME will finally go away for good, and that IA64 will be supported.

Quote:
Originally posted by Intlharvester:
2) NT has always had the exact same multimedia support as 9x

...and that IA64 will be supported.

I didn't want to get involve in any of this, but I remember a time when there were some multimedia things missing, Like DirectX or OpenGL or something in WinNT, which Win2K now has.

I wan to 64 bit sh*t too, if Intel ever gets IA64 out the damn doors...

-bZj

[This message has been edited by Down8 (edited 15 October 2000).]

Directx started in NT with NT4. Directx 3 is in Directx 4. With a hack you can get it up to DirectX 5.

Good Job IntlHarvester I've long since given up arguing with Jdulmage. It's a losing battle because even tho your statements are right they just bounce off like water on a duck. Don't even try.

hahah Directx 3 is in Directx 4! DOH! Well I guess technically it is! I meant NT4.

haha, whatever man...whatever...

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 15 October 2000).]

jdulmage you said you were leaving for good now get the hell outta here.

grant:

The topic is WHISTLER discussion and not JDULMAGE discussion.

;(

[This message has been edited by CM (edited 16 October 2000).]

Down8 & DOSFreak --

By "multimedia", I was referring to the sound and video APIs, not the game APIs (which were way behind on NT4). With the possible exception of DirectShow, the multimedia APIs have always been better supported on NT than 9x, and lots of people use NT4 as a production platform on the creation side.