Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jdulmage

Figured I would do the honors....

oh....oh no....anti-piracy....wow....the only it works is if you have an internet connection, make whistler think you have no means of internet and you can bypass...whoopy...

what the hell are you talking about? I didn't say you couldn't use the internet, I'm saying to remove all means of internet DURING THE GOD DAMN INSTALLATION OF MICROSOFT WINDOWS CODENAME: WHISTLER BETA 2410 FROM THE WINDOWS WHISTLER BETA TEAM. Once you HAVE FULLY install it, put everything back, like hook up your modems again and stuff, and you've just bypassed it.

man..

John - IMHO a good point was made, regardless of whether or not it agreed with you. Unless a crack is created (which undoubtedly will be done) or Whistler is blocked from "phoning home", this new "feature" will be a pain for folks who have acquired the operating system through w*rez channels. Don't you think it may be time to practice a little humility and tolerance for the opinions of others <g>?

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

PIII 650@850

BE6-II Mobo with 320 mb ram

20 gig Quantum KX 8 gig Quantum CR

SBlive Value

All In Wonder Radeon 32MB

... and a bunch of USB Stuff

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

[This message has been edited by Shrink (edited 15 January 2001).]

Surprise surprise...you again.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jdulmage:

what the hell are you talking about? I didn't say you couldn't use the internet, I'm saying to remove all means of internet DURING THE GOD DAMN INSTALLATION OF MICROSOFT WINDOWS CODENAME: WHISTLER BETA 2410 FROM THE WINDOWS WHISTLER BETA TEAM. Once you HAVE FULLY install it, put everything back, like hook up your modems again and stuff, and you've just bypassed it.

man..</font>

I concur. I mean no one starts out as an expert. I come here for info and the occasional laugh...not to rea folks being ripped just because they dared to ask what someone else would consider to be a lame question.

i'm sick of people's smarta$$ remarks, stupid questions and the ability to start out on my side and the next minute, they have switched sides and i'm the victim. It's like, 3 on 3, then the next minute, it's 1 on 5. It's bull...i'm sick of being treated like a dick, I have tried to be respectable, it doesn't work ,i've tried to be nice, it doesn't work...what the hell else is their left to do except to sit here and fight back and listen to lamers all day.

I have been here for almost a year now and haven't earned respect or kindness from any of you registered to this forum, every month, it's a new story...whether it's thegrants or it's a new registered user to where it's someone that has been here for awhile. All I asked for when I returned here was a little respect once in a while and I would do the same. I guess that'll never happen, because it's always a big god damn joke to team up on me every day or two. This is all I asked...can't a person get respect anymore?

PS: Just so that you don't mention "respect has to be earned" or anything like that, i'll tell you that I have earned it...because I tried to be nice and respectable for that short while, until I noticed the same bullcrap disrespect being thrown back at me whenever I try to help.

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 15 January 2001).]

well mr. high-and-mighty, i've been around here as long or longer than you, and i seem to remember several times when you went for long stretches where you were nice and helpful, and I didn't have any problem with you. but then you always seems to have a bad week or so, and you start to flame newbies who ask questions that are obvious to you. that's when people start to turn on you jd. if history repeats itself, we're getting close to the time when you say "screw you all" or something and vow never to return. then you'll come back and everything will be peachy for a while....

Here's a hint to keep yourself from being the receiving end of flames. just keep being your helpful self on questions that you deem "worthy", and when a question comes up that doesn't quite strike you fancy, ignore it!

Wow, great forum. Thought I was gonna get some useful info, instead I get Days of our F...... Lives.

[This message has been edited by Raiderman (edited 15 January 2001).]

and here we go again with the insults....I mean, we are starting to forget that it's not the computer posting replies, it's a human being

There is a difference between "insults" and constructive criticism or feedback. FWIW, I agree with you that the insults are counterproductive. OTOH, I see the bulk of the insults being thrown by you, JD. Instead of acting wounded when criticism is levied at you, I strongly urge you to exercise a little more respect and humility.

Shrink

[This message has been edited by Shrink (edited 15 January 2001).]

sure, absolutely I will. As long as I still ain't getting crap thrown back at me 6 months down the road like before. I can be nice, it's not a problem, respect isn't a problem.

Cool Hand Luke :-)

The line was said by Strother Martin Jr. (I always thought it sounded like Jack Nicholson).

Shrink

[This message has been edited by Shrink (edited 16 January 2001).]