Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
c5rlh

LS 120? What happens now?

I have recently installed an LS-120 drive in my W2K machine.

Finally deciding it was worth keeping, I removed my normal floppy, but cannot get the LS120 to read as drive A:, only as B:

Does anyone out there have any ideas?

The only thing I can tell you is that the LS120 on my server is drive a:. That computer never had a real floppy drive so that may be why.

I've tried that.

I've disabled the floppy controller in the bios, and deleted it from device manager.

Then I deleted the LS-120, restarted my machine, and it still found it as drive b!

Is there a jumper on this driver for a: or b: Not sure. Never used one of those. Check that. Not sure if that will help but it is worth a try.

LS120's are a ide device so it is set to either master or slave. I had this happen once a long time ago and if I remember right, the bios of the board I was using at the time would not let me use it as drive a:. So it could be a limitation of your bios?

Well folks.

It looks like a bit of a prob with Win2k

I've just put my HDD with 98 on and it works like a treat - drive A and everything.

Boot with a dos disk, and the same thing.

But as soon as 2000 is involved no joy

My LS120 is reported as A: in W2K. I disabled floppy in bios and enabled report no FDD for W95. My LS120 is Primary Slave. This has worked for me for the past 50+ NT5 reinstalls.

Well, it looks like the only way to get this to work is if I re-install - Everything but this current installation of 2000 sees it as a:

Ho hum

Try setting the boot options in the bios to

ls120/zip/c

this worked for me and i disabled floppy drives in the bios but after i done that it gave me an option for floppy 3

weird but on first reboot it showed as a removable drive now it shows as a: