Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Present for all VA-503+ mobo users, New Windows 2000 bios

I have a PA-2013 mobo but I saw so many of you guys having problems with Win2k and the va-503+ that I was able to get my hands on a new Windows 2000 bios for that board. If you guys want it I can add it to my webpage as I did with the pa-2013 bios. Let me know Eaves

------------------

***TRUST YOUR TECHNOLUST***

Please put it out for us.

(I haven't had any problems yet but I am willing to try a new Bios)

What version is it?

I've got JK4324 (for < v1.1b)

and by accident JE4322 (for 1.2 > )

both dated 11/11/99

What does it do?

Well mine is JE4324 dated 11/11/99. you still want it? if so I will post it on my site

------------------

Why aren't these listed on the FIC site? I'm just wondering as there is no info included in the file. Maybe it fixes the problems i have with the newer nvidia drivers (just a black screen instead of desktop, this came with the agp-support in the drivers it seems)

read the va-503+ faq: http://www.fic.com.tw/techsupport/faq/faqs01va-503+.htm

and this is from the auto email reply:

(10/12/99)

JE4322 bios released to fix Win98 SE and Windows2000 ACPI mode error to report resource conflict on I/O port & printer port, and support Pioneer 103S 6X DVD as UDMA mode (most DVD-ROM also benefit from this update to be read as UDMA instead of PIO4).

Ps The new bios fixes some win2k port error but not the bios POST i/o conflict that many poeple have. If you set bios to "halt on no errors", they still work in win9x, but are still unable to properly indentify the devices in win2k (see the event veiwer). You need to diable acpi.

As for the black desktop, which I suffer from also, this is not fixed, and is a viatech/nvidia problem, if you have an STB or a diamond they'll probably be the last if at all to be fixed. Some work, some don't, and nobody cares frown

well give mine a shot maybe its better? Its seems to have a different version number than your kirkhope. mine is JE4324. They have a link to it on my webpage in the links section or on the front page of NTcompatibles site since I emailed it to them as well. Let me know. Also I still have the Win2k bios for the PA-2013 rev 2.0 and 2.1 also on my site if you need. pr-man

------------------