Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wakane

WinXP Pro : How to login as 'Administrator'?

G'day!

Okay.....during the installation, I've created "Administrator" account. And then I created a limited account called "Regular"

However.....in the welcome screen, there's only "Regular", but "Administrator" is nowhere around.

So...how do I login as "Administrator" using the new Welcome screen (instead of the old login screen where you have to type your username manually)

Sincerely,

Wakane

hit ctrl-alt-del twice at the login screen... this should present you with a Win2k-style login prompt

you can only log on as administrator in the welcome screen when you don't have other user account... or in safe mode

Or you can disable the "user welcome screen" in the User Manager tab in CTRL Panel. That will give you a normal user/pass dialog.

Quote:

So...how do I login as "Administrator" using the new Welcome screen (instead of the old login screen where you have to type your username manually)

But he wants to use the welcome screen, and i guess he is too lazy to type the word "administrator". smile

ok, ok, guess I can't help lazy people...

Though you could make a new account with admin privileges.... that would show up normally

Actuall, I acomplished exactly what you are looking to do by accident. wink

The only account I have on my machine is the default one I setup after install. Well, I went into the Control Panel and opend up the User Accounts window. I created a temporary account with admin privlages, logged out and logged in with this new temp account. I went back to the User Accounts window and selected my default account and changes the privlages to "Limited". If you log out again, your welcome screen should display an Administrator account by default. The password for this account is nothing. So when it prompts you for one, just hit enter. You should be able to edit your default account and give your self admin privlages again. Delete your temp account. Once you've set everything up the way you want, log out and log back in with your default account. I think once you've set up your Admin account, you will no longer be able to see it on the welcome screen (as long as your default account has admin privlages) but it IS still in your machine. You can access your Admin account by logging in to it with the old style login window.

Hope this helps.