Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DavidNewbould

Applying Colour correction thing to movies

Right.

My monitor is severely, severely, fukced, so i have it looking alright by using a colour profile.

Ie:

Display properties-->settings-->advanced-->colour correction

Now.

This is ok, it makes everything look ok (it was really really green), and windows applies it to games.

But movies are still green - windows doesnt apply the colour correction to video playback.

This shouldnt be because of a performance issue, because its applied to games, and they run at same speed...

Any ideas?

Ofcourse adjusting display color correction won't work for movies, output for movies goes to the overlay, adjusting overlay color correction is what you want under the overlay control panel, usually within Nvidia's "additional properties" panel, if such is available in the driver version you're using, if not... registry hackings would probably be required. Though if the YUV color space conversion had to come out wrong, green isn't so bad a color for you, eh? smile

my overlay controls are disabled. i am using nvidia driver 11.01. any ideas on how to enable it again. i think it was enabled in older versions of the detonator drivers.

I don't memorize which driver versions with perfect working overlay control panel, but I suggest using one of the WHQL versions which will more likely to have it working properly than others would be.