Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
macawgumbo

How do I find module to load so I can install Fedora Core 1?

I need to find a module that will load ethernet drivers for nforce2 chipset. I need it to be able to be loaded in order to install Fedora Core 1 over ftp.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Biostar M7NCG PRO

Athlon XP 2500 Barton Core

512mb PC2700 DDR (64mb allocated towards onboard graphics)

Integrated Geforce 4 MX graphics !!!Upgrading soon!!!

Dual boot Win2k pro & trying to get fedora core 1 installed

**Also, I have tried to download iso images using windows but to no success they all fail the media check. On top of that, now I cant access ftp servers through win2k pro.

You're more than likely screwed. The drivers for the nForce2 LAN interface (at least the nVidia one, there is another, a 3Com one, but only one board I know of, the Asus A7N8X Deluxe, implements it) exist either as closed source quasi-binary modules or an open-source kernel patch, neither of which are likely to be on a bootable CD capable of installing Fedora. Your best bet is either to download or otherwise aquire a full Fedora install CD and then install the nForce drivers afterward or, if you really want to install a distribution over the net, looking into attempting something like Gentoo which supplies the nVidia nvnet LAN module on at least its Stage 1 installation LiveCDs.