Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Zarlengo

Setting up Win2K-AS as a router....

I need to make this win2k-as box a router between two networks. I have 2 nic's and I can connect to each of the networks from the machine that is supposed to act as a router, but i can't connect from a machine on one network to a machine on the other one. What do I need to do?

thanks,

dave

Is IP Forwarding enabled?

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Heh, I have the same setup and asked the same question. I still cannot get it to work.........

IP forwarding can be enabled by doin this MS Knowledge Base Thingy

I`ve done that, started routing and remote access, setup nice IP addys and gateway things, yet it still does not route frown

Hope u have better luck!

[This message has been edited by Magsy (edited 27 May 2000).]

I have a win2000 SERVER box running as my router. Make sure u r running SERVER and not pro. Also make sure your internal IP addressing scheme is a public addressing scheme (don't worry the other computers wont bee seen from the net, this is the only way I got it to work) Make sure everybody is using the same subnet. Your router should be connected to the cable/DSL modem and also to a hub. Run the routing and remote access wizard. Select NAT as the protocol. Select the NIC that is connected to the cable/DSL modem as the connection to the net. Now on your clients make sure in the IP configuration u have the gateway set to the address of the NIC on the router that connects to your LAN. Reboot and u should be set. If it doesn't work ICQ me at night when I'm at home and I can walk u through it.