Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OscarV

ADSL

Please, can someone explain how configure W2k with ADSL ???

I have a modem Effecient Network 3060 but dont have drivers yet.

Thanks,

OscarV

I am a newbie to ADSL ( subscribed just a few days ago, see my post down in the topics list ) but what I understand is that if your ADSL modem is an external one attached to your nic card, you need not any driver for it. It should behave as a client on a network with its own IP address. You can ping it and maybe remote configure it.

My Alcatel 1000 works that way in that it behaves as a small website where I can change all of its parameters.

I know nothing about internal ADSL modems.

who is your dsl provider i'm on bell atlantic and i use a ppoe connection style so i don't have to use winpoet to connect there is no actual configuring the modem in win2k for it to work if its external and hooked into your NIC

There is no still driver for SpeedStream 3060.

It will be available on June. The only available driver now is the PPP model driver. But if your provider uses CIP1483 to stablish de connection, that's not a valid driver for you. That's my problem.

I don't work with PPP.

Sorry, you must wait for it.

You mostlikely need a program called winpoet or some other PPPoE program. call your asdl provider and they should tell you exactly how to do it. if they dont support 2000 say nt.

i guess i should have read 80game d00ds post first.