Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gringo

Getting rid of NetMeeting

I have a Windows 2000 Pro installation, with SP1 installed. How do I uninstall NetMeeting? I don't see it in the "Windows Components" section of the Add/Remove programs applet. Any help is appreciated.

Well, not having a Win2k machine at work to test this on I don't know if this'll work, but:

Backup the file \winnt\inf\sysoc.inf

Open it.

Delete all instances of the word 'hide' (leave all the commas as they are).

Save the file.

This will put some of the missing stuff back into add/remove programs -> Windows components. Whether netmeeting is one of these optional components I can't say though.

--

Xiven

I already tried that trick, Xiven. Although it did open up alot more options in the windows component dialogue, there's still no NetMeeting! Argh. Thanks for the tip, though. Anyone else have ideas about this?

To remove and then reinstall NetMeeting:

Copy the Msnetmtg.inf file from the %SystemRoot%\Inf folder to your desktop.

Click Start, click Run, type the following command, and then press ENTER: "%SystemRoot%\System32\rundll32.exe setupapi,InstallHinfSection NetMtg.Remove 132 msnetmtg.inf" (without the quotation marks) NOTE: This command is case-sensitive so you must type it exactly as it appears.

Right-click the Msnetmtg.inf file that you copied to your desktop, and then click Install. If you are prompted, insert your Windows 2000 CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive.

After the installation procedure is finished, restart your computer.

Right-click the Msnetmtg.inf file that you copied to your desktop, and then click Install. If you are prompted, insert your Windows 2000 CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive.

After the installation procedure is finished, restart your computer.

If you start the uninstallation procedure, all of the files and registry entries for NetMeeting are removed. Although the System File Protection feature replaces the files, the registry entries are not overwritten unless you reinstall NetMeeting.