Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cuke

InCD2

Installed this onto my w2k system, as it was published on the NT compatible news front page. Doesn't seem to work, all I get is a icon on my taskbar which has a exclamation mark through it. Nothing is accessible through that icon aside from version number, which is garbled anyway. Has anyone had the same experience and managed a work around? If so let me know please.

Cheers, Chris

AFAIK, InCD has not yet released a W2K-compatible version of the product. They keep saying it'll be REAL SOON NOW. Since it's a companion piece for Nero, and I'm thinking of getting Nero, I've been waiting for it to appear.

Regards,

Jim

It works quite well with Windows 2000 but a Nero Burning Rom version 5 serial number must be inserted when required during the installation unless Nero is detected on the hard disk.

The full new Nero 5.5 package shall become available around 22, March 2001.

Hi wolf87 and thanks for your reply. I have Nero 5.0.4.4, it is an upgrade from a copy that came with my burner, installed but InCd doesn't detect it and I don't get asked for the serial number when I try to install. At what point should it and does the fact that my PC isn't setup to load Nero when it boots up affecting things?

Chris

That is interesting because I tried InCD on a clean newly reinstalled Windows 2000 Pro with no CD-RW software, not even Nero 5, only the Aspi drivers (4.60) put on hard disk by WinDVD installation were present.

Maybe the message box is misleading and only denotes that InCD will be released with Nero 5.5 in about a week.

A test for this matter: get your Nero 5xxx serial number on paper or in a textfile and uninstall both Nero 5.0.4.4 and InCD 2.08. Reboot.

Use Adaptec Aspicheck to verify Aspi layer:

http://www.adaptec.com/worldwide/support/supporteditorial.html?prodkey=ASPI_Layer_Upkeep

Install Aspi layer with Adaptec aspi32.exe:

ftp://ftp.adaptec.digisle.net/software_pc/aspi/aspi32.exe

Or with ForceAspi17:

http://home.onet.co.uk/~cloneclinic/utilities/frcASPI17.zip

Reinstall InCD 2.08 first. See the Message box about insertion of your Nero version 5xxxx serial number. When asked by screen identification windows, write in serial no.

Reboot, see the tray Icon, put in a Blank CD-RW disc and format.

Hi and thanks again for your help, going to do a complete fresh install, following your instructions, and try again. I'll let you know as soon as I have some news......

Cheers, Chris

Back, did a complete reinstall of my OS in the end, decided not to risk it as I'd had Adaptec software on there. Installed InCD first and this time it informed that I'd no Nero software installed and prompted me for my serial number. Put that in and now all working fine. Thanks wolf87, you were a great help :-)

Chris

Further to my last posting, put IP Inoculate from Computer Associates back on and InCD stopped working, took off the AV and it was ok again. Seems like this was the original problem in the end......

Chris