Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kyosho46vr

I had to give Win2000 up.............:(

Well this week-end was the last straw, My girlfriend bought me a Flight Sim for my RC Helicopter but the LPT interface for my Futaba radio upon reboot took my system down,

INVALID TIMESTAMP in NTOSKRNL.EXE............

nothing would fix it, repair, couldn't get into safe mode, reloaded 2 and same mess. So I call the Sim's tech support and they acknowledge the problem and say I am 1 of 6000 unhappy consumers trying to use there Win2000 compatible Sim........so being the Flight Sim eas 229.00, I have elected to run ME and I must say I really miss Win2000.

Really Bummed.............Ned

ouch crappy, i actually have had that blue screen of death as well, and i actually fixed once!!!!!! i took me 3 hours, but i basically took my other HD (40g maxtor) and installed iwn 2k on it as my primary main o/s, then i put the drive that crashed (20g IBM , originally c: drive, in a as a slave, then recovered all my data (20g worth in 3 partitions)

------------------

========Specs========

ASUS P3V4X

VARIOUS O/C SETTINGS

PIII 533 @ 640 133fsb

PIII 533 @ 584 150fsb

384mb PC133

20gIBM 7200 rpm

40g MAxtor 7200rpm

Sound Blaster LIVE!!! Platinum

ATI All-In-Wonder 128 32mb 2x Agp

19'Samsung SyncMaster 950p

Logitech Wireless keyboard/Mouse

Creative 52x cdrom

Richo CD-R/RW MP7040a 4/4/32

Epson Stylus colour 760

Cable modem

and i networked with a MAC G6, now sharing printer/hardrives and internet.

WOW, aren't i special now laugh

AND iT ALL WORKS GRRRREAT!!!'

why didn't you just set it up to dual boot 9x and 2k? i don't think giving up a great OS like Win2k is worth it because of one program or piece of hardware.

Yup if ya got the HD space or a second drive dual booting is the way to go. Nothing like having the best of both worlds.