Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
duffboygrim

Can't get Connexant HCF modem to work. Mandrake 9.2.

Hi there.

Most of my LINUX stuff is going great. My only problem is that I can't get my Connexant (Yuk!) modem to work.

Can anyone help? I'm new to LINUX so easy step by step instructions would be appreciated! smile

Thanks,

DBG

I've tried the instructions there and I've still had no luck. I'm probably doing something very simple wrong. I just can't see what it is though.

Quote:
I've tried the instructions there and I've still had no luck. I'm probably doing something very simple wrong. I just can't see what it is though.

I had one of these I couldn't get working with the free "drivers" either, and I didn't like the idea of having to pay for the full drivers for it anyway. If you can't get it working to your satisfaction, I would suggest an external modem.
I know some of you are going to think I work for Actiontec since I'm always suggesting their products. I know other companies make good 56k stuff that will work with Linux, but I know first hand most Actiontec modems do. The Actiontec v92 "call waiting" modem works flawlessly right out of the box.