Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Down8

IE closes my windows...

I have noticed recently, that if I click on a link to something that is auto downloaded in IE 5.5, that it will auto-close the current window. This is extremely annoying when I lose my history, and have to find my way back to where I was. It doesn't happen if I right-click and d/l files. I'm not sure if this is related to IE 5.5, or Win2K, or something else, as I installed Win2K, and immediately upgraded to IE 5.5, and have installed all kinds of stuff since.

Lemme know,

-bZj

------------------

- brian@infinitejones.com

Code:
==================             ===================Home built system:             Also, just for fun:Soyo SY-7VCA                   AST Bravo LC 4/66d[VIA T82C694X]                 Intel 486/66MHz CPU[onboard sound]                40MB RAM [2x16, 2x4]PIII 500E [flip chip]          500 MB Conner HddPNY 128MB PC100 RAM            3 1/2, 5 1/4, 2x CDStealth III S540               3com Etherlink II3com Etherlink III             Adaptec AHA-1545 SCSIQuantum Fireball 10.3GB Hdd    [to host some files on:]HP A4331D 20" Monitor          1.3GB internal SeagateWin2K Pro [v5.00.2195, SP-1]   2 2GB external Seagates[format => clean install]      Windows 95 [v4.00.1111]Norton AntiVirus 2000          pcAnywhere 9.2Covad 768kbps sDSL [shared]    [so I can leave it in the closet]

I to have the same problem.

looked for a solution for while, couldnt find one

Its *very* annoying

It does suck! I also still have the scroll problem, where when I use my middle button to scroll down/up, it will continue to scroll for a looong time, even after I release the button, it sucks when I am scrolling along reading a story or such.

[edit]

I should note that this is not a constant problem, it just happens at rondom.

[/edit]

-bZj

PS: My mouse is a Compaq branded Logitech Mouseman, with 3 buttons on top, and a thumb button [God, I love my thumb button].

[This message has been edited by Down8 (edited 20 August 2000).]