Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Down8

Eudora anyone?

I used to use Eudora [4.3.2] on Win98, before I got a hold of Win2K Pro [so I could POP multiple accounts]. After W2K install, I installed Eudora 4.3.2 [latest] and it would crash my whole system on startup [hangs at the splash screen]. I then tried to uninstall, reinstall, copy old files over, all kinds of sh*t, to no avail. I then, couldn't uninstall the damn thing ["The uninst.isu was corrupted"]. I finally had to get Add/Remove Pro to get rid of the damn thing. the problem is, I still want to use Eudora [and all my old mail is stored in Eudora]. I even e-mailed a freind of mine who works for Qualcomm [as a Unix Admin], but his solution was "install Solaris 2.8". Funny guy, huh? If anyone comes accross a work around/fix for this, let me know.

Thanks,

-bZj

- brian@infinitejones.com

Code:
==================             ===================Home built system:             Also, just for fun:Soyo SY-7VCA                   AST Bravo LC 4/66d[VIA T82C694X]                 Intel 486 CPU[onboard sound]                40 MB RAMPIII 500E [flip chip]          500 MB Conner HddPNY 128 MB PC100 RAM           3 1/2, 5 1/4, 2x CDStealth III S540               3com Etherlink II3com Etherlink III             Adaptec AHA-1545 SCSIQuantum Fireball 10.3 GB Hdd   [to host some files on:]HP A4331D 20" Monitor          1.3 GB internal SeagateWin2K Pro [v5.00.2195, SP-1]   2 2 GB external Seagate[format => clean install]      Windows 95 [v4.00.1111]Covad DSL [shared]             pcAnywhere 9.2                               [so I can leave it in the closet]

[This message has been edited by Down8 (edited 02 August 2000).]

I had all kinds of problems with 4.32 in win2k. I fixed it by reinstalling eudora a few times and now it works much better. Damn I wish outlook 2000 could still be downloaded

Eudora Pro 4.3.2 works for me also. In fact, of all the fun (read time-consuming, hair-pulling, crappy) things to happen to me in Windows 2000, Eudora hasn't caused problems.

My only complaint with Eudora is that it won't save its windows settings when placed on the secondary monitor in a multiple monitor setup.

HTH.

------------------

J. Byron Todd

Computer Consultant

byron@toddcomp.com

Todd Computer Solutions

Same here. No problems with any versions of Eudora including the new 5.0 beta.

------------------

[NSX]

eudora 4.32 is very very slow to load up though.

------------------

***TRUST YOUR TECHNOLUST***

That sucks. I even tried the new 5beta, and I still got the hang at Eudora startup. I saw that some had problems with NAV200 on W2K, anyone think this may be the case here?

People on this list should like this:

I was telling my boss [who hates Win2K, because it messed up his Front Page directories... boo hoo] about my Eudoora problems, and he asked if I had the "correct Windows 2000 drivers?"

And when I told him Eudora was an e-mail program, he got offended and said, "I knwo what it is. But I know you have to get the correct drivers, because I had to get Norton for Windows 2000."

People crack me up...

-bZj

[This message has been edited by Down8 (edited 03 August 2000).]

Down8 : you should tell your boss that the prob isnt the drivers, the prob is between his screen and his chair =)

Ha, continual PEBKAC... [Probelm Exists Between Keyboard and Chair]

-bZj