Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Anyone figure out why IE randomly stop responding in Win2k p

Anyone figure out why IE randomly stop responding in Win2k pro?

------------------

***TRUST YOUR TECHNOLUST***

OOC, what video card do you have?

I know it seems off topic, but when I had a Diamond Stealth 540 Xtreme, any use of Explorer(IE or WE), it would freeze in about 1 minute, 2 if I was reallllllly lucky.

The reason I think it may be a video card related problem, is because when switching to a GeForce, it went away...

Bothe IE 5.01 SP1 and 5.5 randomly stop responding also in Win2k Server and Advance Server.

Using a 3DLabs Permedia 2 based video card. I am hoping that this will be resolved with W2K SP1 next week (or whenever it is released). By the way, I never experience this problem with any of the W2K Release Codes. Only surfaced when it went Gold!

Do you mean.....

Nothing appears to be happening in IE, you bring up the 'Task Manager' and the application is listed as 'Not Responding'?

Can't say I've had that problem with either 5.01 or currently 5.5 under Win2000 yet.

------------------

PIII 650 Coppermine, ABit BE6-II, 384MB PC100 RAM (Samsung), Matrox G400MAX, SB Live! Value, Intel 10/100 NIC, Adaptec 2940UW, IBM 7200 ATA66 22GB HD, IBM 7200 ATA66 20GB HD, Pioneer 32x/6x SCSI DVD, Yamaha 4416 SCSI CD-RW, Iomega Zip 100 SCSI Internal, Iiyama Vision Master Pro 410.

Windows 2000 Only

it is also happening for me, but only under ie5.5 It happened under the betas, so I lived with it. I did a fresh OS reinstall recently, and monitored my system for a while. No IE freezes. Then, I upgraded to the release 5.5 and the freezes resumed. Uninstalling 5.5 caused them to go away, as so on. Now, this is not a hard system freeze for me, but one that task manager can end the process and I can resume. I am running getright, adsubtract, and cookiepal (all latest, registered versions), so my default assumption has been that one of these programs isn't 100% happy with ie5.5. If you are not running one of these, then perhaps it is something in ie5.5 itself or ie5.5 related to W2K. Perhaps W2K SP1 will solve the problem, but since IE5.01SP1 does not exhibit this for me, I somehow doubt it.

:}

Don't know if this has any help to you but my 5.5 version also appears to stop responding. I say 'appears' because the globe does stop rotating and I have no blue progress bar. But if I leave it the page loads as normal, must be some kinda bug in this version.

Chris

BladeRunner:

That is the one. Here I thought that I was the only one!

Dragon-Lord:

I am not running any of these programs. But I am running Bulletproof v1.20.

This morning updated Microsoft IntelliEye mouse software to V3.2 hoping that the wheel might be part of the problem, but IE screen froze after about an hour.

WEll I have a Matrox G400 32 meg card

------------------

***TRUST YOUR TECHNOLUST***