Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Toby

Releasedate for Norton SpeedDisk5.1 ?

Hi !

I was just wondering if anyone got some info on the releasedate for this program ?

Tried to foundout at www.symantec.com but it just told Q2. If anyone got some better info, please post..

Thanks.

// Toby

According to symantec e-mail (something about speeddisk beta testing reward), there will be no Speeddisk 5.1 stand alone, it will include in another new product, but they didn't say what is it, I think it should be something like systemwork, or NU, etc

Yeah, what DummyPlug said. I got that same e-mail a few weeks ago, I guess it was. The final release date undoubtedly will depend on its integration with other software. If it's tossed into a new version of Norton Utilities, it will have to wait for the other components to be finalized -- and an even longer wait if Symantec releases another SystemWorks suite to boot (unless they release them separately, which they may very well do). I don't think I've ever seen SpeedDisk as a stand-alone product, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's included with NU.

I have the Speeddisk 5.1 for Windows 2000, its much better than the Diskeeper lite that comes with windows 2000. Btw, I installed the full version of Diskeeper, and it gave me nothin but problems, when I uninstalled it. I couldnt even use or install the old lite version again. The program is certified for windows 2000, and I did not believe this error could happen.

"I don't think I've ever seen SpeedDisk as a stand-alone product, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's included with NU."

Speeddisk has been a standalone product for Windows NT 4.0 for some years now.