Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cardinal

It's time you learned.

The majority of posts on NT Compatible are about people either having problems with the OS, or with programs that operate within the OS. Unlike anything on the 9x kernel (even that shi*ful winME) windows 2000, if successfully installed and left alone will sit and run quite well without any random errors or lockups (unless you run it on a VIA chipset). So many people install beta or even alpha programs that are so poory coded, no one, not even the coders will know how it will react to the OS. whether it be, win media player 7, or DX8 or IE 5.x have you not learnt to stay the hell away from beta's?

Leave the testing to Windows 98. It's so much less painful to reinstall that crap than w2k.

Well I think everybody knows, so what?

Do you think that computing is all about installing a OS and leaving it alone? I mean no offence, but I think that someone learns more from errors than doing nothing, fearing to make a single move.

If it was so, How would you be able to find the BUGS that EVERY OS has in it?

Buying a Playstation is sure, simply put the cd, turn it on, and make ONLY the thing for what it has been produced. A pc is not a console, a OS claiming it will run several programs MUST be able to do so, if it is not able there are errors, but if you can't find them you will never correct them. If you have such a conservative attitude about this, you'll think about them not as bugs, just as "features" of the OS..... wink

Anyway, don't take it bad, I think so.

Ya, I spent several thousond dollars on my box just so I can turn it on and watch it run, I might even wait a while to see the screen saver kick in, NOT.

It's by tring different stuff and talking in these forums that we all learn the true power of our systems. That's what it's all about.

yea, well i enjoy installing beta software, it kind of neat seeing stuff before it actually come out, i usually don't have much problems with the majority of it but i enjoy just using it. For started Mediaplayer 7 i downloaded when it first came out and no problems with it but never like it. I mainly use winamp and cdplayer. I think it's a useless program that takes 10% of my cpu just playing a little mp3. But anyways I successfuly installed the beta to Creative labs dvd decoder and it works pretty good and also sBlive works great. I don't understand on how many people say they are buggy. I don't notice it at all. Maybe i'm just lucky i dunno. anyways...

Ryan