Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cardinal

Windows ME questions.

Hey guys.

Most people who are running a dual boot system (98 & W2K that is)are probably going to change the 98 OS to ME. Yeah so it's just a flashy upgrade. Even if it is just a disguised Service Pack, wouldn't most people apply it? Anyway, the questions I have to ask are;

1. Will ME upgrade over 98?

2. Will it destroy the NT boot loader?

3. Can you safely leave w2k on your pc and just repair the partitions?

Cheers,

Cardinal.

[This message has been edited by Cardinal (edited 08 July 2000).]

1. yes, ME can upgrade 98

2. don't know

3. I would imagine yes

I personally will not be changing my 2k/98 dualboot to 2k/ME. The only reason I keep 98 around is for those games that won't run in win2k. A few of these require pure-dos mode to run, which ME won't provide. So I'll just stick with my Win2k/Win98 setup smile

1. Yes

2. NO

3. yes you can leave win2k no repair is needed

windows me is leaps and bounds ahaed of 98 and is not just win98 3rd edition. On my system windows me beta 3 is every bit as stable and reliable as win2k and the same goes for beta 2 and since i'm running build 2491 and the gold version is build 3001 or something im sure they have made it much better since the build i have.

------------------

My System

Dell Demension XPS T500

Dual Boot Windows 2000 Pro / Windows ME Beta 3

PIII @ 500 Mhz (with after market heatsink and dual fan)

128 Megs PC133 Ram

TNT2 Ultra Graphics Card (with the core and memory overclocked by 20 Mhz and dual voodoo coolers)

3Com 10/100 Ethernet Card

3Com 56k Modem

12.6 Gig IBM HD

40X CD Rom Drive

100 Mb Zip Drive

[This message has been edited by Four and Twenty (edited 07 July 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Four and Twenty (edited 07 July 2000).]

Hell every day it crashes again and again.. ie hangs, damn gpf's.. I hate me. And also the bloated media player

...and crashes... and crashes... ...and crashes... and crashes... ...and crashes... and crashes... ...and crashes... and crashes... ...and crashes... and crashes... ...and crashes... and crashes... ...and crashes... and crashes... ...and crashes... and crashes... ...and crashes... and crashes... ...and crashes... and crashes... ...and crashes... and crashes... ...and crashes... and crashes... ...and crashes... and crashes... ...and crashes... and crashes... ...and crashes... and crashes... ...and crashes... and crashes...

and...

I am sure everyone will buy Millennium smile.

Well, does not destroy the win2k loader,

but with games hangs more than me drunk on friday night laugh

Deus Ex hangs for sound issues.

But in win2k runs cool (software mode).

Heck, do i have to go back ir order to play again ? WinMe my --- laugh

Installed WinME, not a problem...But Apps and Games were on a drivespace volume...and ME does support Drivespace compression only on removable units!

Well ok.... Uncompressed everything and begun reinstalling...

Only problem was Office 2k! He couldn't finish the installation properly (with first cd).Begun installing the second, and MSI says there is another installation going on! But i begun the install of the publisher cd immediately after reboot!Well ok...he says "old friend, i can manage it, i'll terminate the installation running and begin the new".

The second CD installed right...........

other progs installed were no problems, they were not with Microsoft Installer.........

what to say about this?