Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BadDad

Norton Antivirus

I recenly dowloaded an eval of NAV2000, tried it, liked it, bought it online from the Symantec site. I made a backup copy of the license file I was sent and the software that I downloaded. Two days ago, I decided to rebuild my PC with a newer, larger hard disk and now I want to put NAV2000 on this new drive--problem is, each time I try, I receive a pop-up message that my evaluation period has ended...where, pray tell, do I put this so called "license" file so that the software is aware that it is no longer an eval copy? Symantec's tech support bites!

I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I found their tech support to be good.

What I had to do was to go back to the webpage where I had purchased the software (hopefully you kept a copy of the email Symantec Store sent you), reinstall the ZL-whatever to the desktop, then re-download the evaluation edition. Then reinstall it, and run the ZL-whatever. After that, you'll have a fully-functioning, non-crippled NAV 2000. If you didn't keep the email they sent you, have their tech support remail you the URL.

Kind of a ****ty way of doing things, IMHO. You'd think they'd actually let you download a non-crippled version, since you've bought and paid for it.

Thanks, unfortunately, that didn't work either. I managed to get Symantec customer support on the phone and we went through the same process yet again to no avail. Now, its being escalated to a "Sr. Level" engineer--I had to laugh! At any rate, I agree that they should allow you to download a licensed copy for all the BS that you must go through to install a $39.00 piece of software.

Since you've already bought and paid for it you should be guilt free for burning a copy. smile

Finally, Symantec managed to send me a "How To" that actually worked (nice that they included URLs). I had to completely uninstall my copy of NAV2000; download a new copy; install it; point to my license file and "voila"!. Thank the electronic gods that I have DSL or, this might have really p****d me off.