Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jdulmage

I need this file!!!!!!!!

Can someone give me a site or e-mail me at james1@accesscomm.ca

i'm looking for a file in Windows 2000 called apcompat.exe

thanks

Yeah. It is on your Win2000 CD. Just put in the CD and copy it over.

[This message has been edited by rbarbier (edited 26 May 2000).]

lol, pirate is right...you think i'm going to pay money for an OS. Something that should be on all computer with no extra charge

Quote:
Originally posted by jdulmage:
lol, pirate is right...you think i'm going to pay money for an OS. Something that should be on all computer with no extra charge

I think that's the worst argument for piracy that I have heard!

Try this analogy on for size: all cars should come with a steering wheel at no extra charge. True. All cars come with a steering wheel. And if you buy a complete computer from Dell or the likes, it will come with an OS.

However, if you were to build a car from scratch, why on earth would you expect the steering wheel to be free? Like the OS, it is a necessary part, but no one is going to give it to you. Likewise when you build a computer, the OS is just another part that you need to buy.

Besides, if you must have a free OS, you can always go for Linux.....

*** WARNING!!! ÇÅ'S JUST PROVOKING US SO THAT WE GO FOR ANOTHER 100+ REPLIES THREAD! ***

*** STAY CALM AND DO NOT REPLY TO THIS LIFEFORM ***

no no, it's too late--i can't help but reply.

give me win2k,or give me death!

lol 5t3ph3n, i assume you mean my post.... what's wrong with a 100+ post thread if it's a serious discussion? smile

who gives a crap if he pirated or not. I dont im here to help people i do it for free and i could careless how they got their product. Im not going to whine about it and say piracy is bad or if its good people have their own opinions.

If you want the file go to #ntcompatible on the undernet irc network. Im sure one of the ops will send it to you.

If I could afford it I'd easily fork out for win2k, so I just opted for the £35 corporate review program instead, until someone "donated" a full boxed set. Sweet. smile

I bought my copy of 2k pro. fair and square...........

for $5 of a guy from school

------------------

CELERON 333

Asus p2b-b motherboard

64 mg ram

voodoo 3 2000-3000 hybrid (2000 with tv out)

Sb live value

realtek nic