Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
FrogMaster

SR1 install prob with language support

OK. I have the final W2K French version installed.

When I try to install SR1, it gives me a message something like "Incorrect language..." and gives up.

One of the first lines of setup *.inf file is a line looking like %LanguageVersionString%, like an environnment variable the installer is waiting for.

Have I to put something in here or the sr1 pack will install only on English version? Is there a command line switch to specify a particular language?

TIA

I wouldn't be supprised if it is like NT 4.0, it comes out in different languages, aka if u got the french w2k, u must have the french SR. Just wait for the official release, the french will be there a little after the english, I bet. Just like NT4 SPs

------------------

AMD Athlon 750MHz

ASUS K7V

ASUS V6800 PURE

128MB 133RAM

20,5 GB IBM HD

You could always try changing the System Locale to United States, using the instrucitons I posted in the System Locale topic slightly below.

THX guys.

I got the answer from Microsoft. I am afraid I have to wait for the French version of sp1. Like for NT4. The prob is that M$ are slow about moving their a$$ here...

BTW they are preparing a special version of W2K which will have full multi-lingual support for large corps with worldwide ops.

This version will not be available to end-users.

Tis a pity for users like me who would love to be able to switch from one language to another one frown

Will have to search the net in due time to get it smile

You didn't know about the multi-lingual version of win2k? the first one ships with like 11 languages and the second which follows like 5 months later brings like 23.. The numbers are probally wrong but the overall idea is intact

I did not know.

I had been told by a "guru" at RC times that W2K final was to have full multilingual support built in.

I'm too naive.

I definitely hate gurus. Never believe them.