Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Turbo Grunkamoj

Is there any uptime limit on win2k pro?

Hey.

I just wonder if anyone knows if there is a uptime-limit, theoretical or real on Windows 2000 professional?

Anyone who have any experience or "records"?

i dont really know.

Win95 had a 21day limit/bug but i could never run it that long without crashing it and having to restart.

Win2k crashes much less so maybe when im at University (and not paying Electricity Bills) ill test it out smile

My main machine that I use at work has been up so far for 75+ hrs. Of course this is MY machine so I do alot of tweaking to it.

longest i had my computer running consecutively was 1 week and 2 days... i don't think there is an uptime bug, but stuff might start getting screwed up if your computer does stay on for a long time...

okay...cause i passed 230 hours yesterday, then I had to reboot cause of the compatability-patch released some days ago.

That was why I began to wonder...

My second computer has been running for 3 weeks with Win2k 5.00.2195.1, i'm powering it down so i can install Windows Whistler 2001 on it, i DID have it on this maching but it pissed me off because it kept having explorer.exe errors/crashes, be aware, if you upgrade win2k 5.00.2195.1 to win2k 5.10.2223.1, you cannot uninstall it, you have to format and reinstall.