Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Paulyw1985

Nortons 2000 and win 2k

I need help, SERIOUS HELP

i need nortons utilities 2000 to work with win 2k, and i know it wont, but i heard there is some kind of different version or something, i dunno for sure, but i need help

please tell me if there is some kind of program of equivalent to nortons that is compatible with win 2k, or if there is a dif. version for win 2k, or if there is a fix, OR ANYTHING that will help my dilema

thanks

well i need the defragmenter, the benchmark, the crash guard, everything basicaly

i got the anti virus runnin, but utilities, no

thats stupid, they should make both things work

thanks

Hi,

Quote:
Originally posted by Paulyw1985:

well i need the defragmenter, the benchmark, the crash guard, everything basicaly

i got the anti virus runnin, but utilities, no

thats stupid, they should make both things work

thanks

Hmmmm, normally no one of the progs of NU2000 is designed to work under Win2k, they're ment for Win9x

But under ftp://ftp.symantec.com/misc/americas/sabu/sdnt/sdnt215.zip you can get the beta of Norton SpeedDisk for Win2k - they give the beta away for free to test it!

------------------

Ciao, Robert smile

---

Get Ontrack's Fix It Utilites 2000 - it is 100% compatible with Win2k, does pretty much everything that NU2000 does, and a little Birdy named Fosi is giving it away (but you didn't hear it from me) <g>.

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

PIII 450@504

Soltek SL67B Mobo with 128 mb pc100

20 gig Quantum KX 8 gig Quantum CR

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

... and a bunch of USB Stuff

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

Hey man, this program totally ****ed up my comp.

i installed it, (symantec speed disk of the ftp) and after installation i ran it, and i left it running.

i came back to see whats happening and it was a black screen. i tried all possible controls, and all, but nothing. so i rebooted, and i got a blue screen. i rebooted, and same thing.

i reinstalled win 2000 2 times, same thing

now im in the process of checking for bad sectors

i dunno... please help if you know whats up

im gonna try that speed disk beta anyone else tried it? im hoping Paulyw1985 is just a user error.

MY vote is for Fix It Utilites 2000. I have never had any trouble with it and it does a real good job.

well i installed norton speed disk. moved my pagefile.sys to the front of the disk and then uninstalled it. Thats all i wanted. and it worked

What is this fix it nortons utilities?

never ever heard of it! : )

can someone fill me in with the info about the program!!?

thanks

i got windows working

i think

Fix IT Utilites is NOT a norton thing. It is made by Ontrack (you know the people who make PowerDesk)and used Trend virus software. It is very good and does not @#%$ up you system.