Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ewaite

Partition Magic Update Now Available but....

Well just as Powerquest said, the update is now available. The only problem is you MUST order a new cd to get this patch. The CD is free but you have to pay S&H on it (not to mention wait a couple more weeks to actually get it). They blame this on the "size and nature" of this patch but I think its more of an anti-warez move. I still think this should be available for download! Check it out for yourself http://www.powerquest.com/updates/pm501updates.html

I did check it out for myself and what did I see there? A link to download the patch... You need a valid PQ site username/password, and the registered serial number of the PM5 CD, but if you've registered you're set...

drew

------------------

233 MMX (overclocked from 200)

96 MB RAM

12.5 GB HD on a Promise Ultra66

S3 Trio64V+ video

Soundblaster Live! Value (Dell drivers work great)

SupraExpress 56i V.90

Microtek X6EL SCSI scanner

Lexmark 5700 ColorFine (using NT drivers)

Windows 2000 Pro (retail)

Haha They must have posted that after I was on their website. 30Mb wow thats huge. Can anyone tell me if its worth the download or not. I already have the bootdisks so if all it does is let you make the bootdisks from Win2k then its useless to me. If on the other hand it actually installs then please give us the details.

Yah and if anyone that downloads the patch would like to put up some mirrors so we don't have to download one big 30 meg file it would be cool too smile