Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kal

Anti Virus apps (2K)- which work???

Can someone just confirm which Anti Virus packages actually work with Win 2K?

I have tried norton but it kept crashing whilst scanning

Thank you

I am using Nortons Antivirus 2000 for NT/2000 and it works great. Make sure to run liveupdate to see if there are any updates you might need.

I'm also running Norton Antivirus 2000 and it works just great! Just remember that the Win98 version will not work under Win2k.

I also had Antiviral toolkit pro before and that also seemed to work flawlessly under Win2k.

Andy

I may as well join the crowd. I've been using Norton Antivirus 2000 since it replaced NAV 5.x. It has worked perfectly. I'll mirror what the others said and suggest that you run LiveUpdate regularly. It not only retrieves the latest virus signature files, it also updates the actual NAV code.

OK, well I guess I could give NAV another try. Maybe I had a screwed installation or something....

Thanks for the advice

thanks 5t3ph3n for the link to http://antivirus.cai.com/ great stuff. I turn off all the file protection and auto loading and just scan new stuff that i download. only got a virus once the CIH virus from the half life demo.

I second that - great stuff.. and its free too. Its very straight forward to use and fast in operation - hell, I'd even pay for it! (sooner give these guys money than the monkeys at symantec..)

be sure to check for updates from tools-->autodownload; seems that these guys are doing a very good job and they're posting updates every 3-4 days! And i also agree that we have to encourage all these small companies...

Sophos Sweep for NT (with Intercheck Client(with Intercheck Client for standalone workstations) works great -fast, too.

"encourage all these small companies..."

computer associates is not a small company. the reason they give away this anti virus software is cause they make all their money by selling licenses to large companies they also make a bunch of other software from backup software to WAN network monitoring software

[This message has been edited by r0cko (edited 12 April 2000).]

Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition version 7.0 is working excellent.

Realtime a/v protection for workstation and lan runs in the background, and doesn't even cause any slowdowns in games or apps.

Running scheduled full scans is another story though :-)

I have tried the AVG 6.0 free edition virus scanner and that just crashed my system at bootup and I had to go to safe mode to remove it, Now I am using InoculateIT personal edition and that is working perfect. Thanks for the tip st3ph3n wink