Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBoDEAN

Nero / Win2k / Installation

Hi. Just installed newest version of Nero.

I rebooted, like it asked, go to run the program, and it says win2k generated errors. Doesnt even open the porgram.

What am I doing wrong? Reinstalled it 3 times, same thing

It "should" be compatible

------------------

BoDEAN

http://www.sammyhagar.net

Hi!

You have the same problem like me.

Go to the directory where you have installed Nero Burning Rom and delete "wnaspi32.dll".

Don't forget that you need an other working ASPI-Layer for Nero,if you delete "wnaspi32.dll".

I use the Adaptec ASPI 4.60 (1021) driver and it works now without reboots or errors.

bye

Neubi

WHere do you get the latest version of Nero? is it for win 2k? I have the cd and it wont even install in win2k.

JBoDEAN the file should be deleted right after the installation, before you reboot.

(This should not be a must, works for me without deleting this file)

If you tried installing versions before 4.0.9.1 its a possibility that the uninstall-function did not work 100%.

Check if you have the file Nerocdnt.sys in your \winnt\system(32) directory, if you do delete it, this is the file making the BSOD on boot in previous versions.

You got any SCSI-devices with beta-drivers perhaps?

Good luck..

// Toby

i had my first forced reboot right after i installed nero 4.0 and it says on the site that it's for win2k ya right i'll stick with ezcd 4.01,i can surf,open programs play mp3's from my hd while i'm burning ,i'm toastin one right now and i havent made a coster yet in win2k. Burning in 98 was another story .The only reason i wanted to try nero was for the over burning i guess i can do without that !!!

Yes! I installed Nero, removed wnaspi32.dll *and* uninstalled Easy CD Creator 3.5c, and now *everything* works great. Burning CDs again...Aspi 4.50 from Adaptec is also installed.

Until I removed the wnaspi32.dll, my CDROM drives were getting *Huge* errors trying to read any CD I had burned. Now, smooth as silk...

:}