Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thephatness

Adaptec DirectCD 3.01 patch

Seeing how the Easy CD Creator 4.02 patch is still preventing people from rebooting, I'd like to hear how the DCD 3.01 patch has been going through.

I only have Easy CD Creator 4.01 installed and can't install DCD 3.0 that came with the Deluxe version cause it says it's not made for Win2k yet. So how am I supposed to patch something I can't install? Or does it verify that Easy CD 4 is installed and then ask for the DCD 3.0 installation files?

It asks for the cd and checks for the setup.inf in the root dir. I don't have the cd so the only other option was to install 2.5d, and then 3.01. Unfortunately, hibernation and standby no longer work.

I am getting pretty tired of apps and drivers not playing well with Windows 2000. Back to Win98 for a few more weeks until things improve and then I am going to restore my Win2k disk image and update my data.

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

PIII 450@504

Soltek SL67B Mobo with 128 mb pc100

20 gig Quantum KX 8 gig Quantum CR

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

... and a bunch of USB Stuff

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

Spoke too soon <g> - I restored my win98 install and then got an email from J_Pro who confirmed that he got hibernation and standby to work with directcd by installing the 3.01 update and then the 3.01b update from the Adaptec Japan site. I restored my Win2k install, then installed directcd 2.5, then 3.01, then 3.01b (no reboots between installs), then rebooted and standby works as does hibernation and nary an error in my Event logs :-)

------------------

Shrink

PIII 450@504

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

I installed ECDC 4.0 (from box) and DirectCD 2.5 (from my writer bundled software), but when I upgrade it to 3.01, it says ECDC 4.0 and Direct CD 2.5 or Direct CD 3.0 must be installed and tell me where to buy ECDC 4.0. But I already got one. And it is already installed.

When I try to use the DirectCD 3.0 from the ECDC 4.0, it says it doesn't support Windows 2000 yet. I wonder how do I actually apply this patch?

Yikes - make sure that you downloaded the right patch. If you did, then it may be checking to see whether you have EZ CD Deluxe (the one that comes with BOTH EZCD and DirectCD) and, since you acquired the products separately (not in the deluxe package) it won't upgrade it. That would REALLY suck. Check the alt.comp.periphs.cdr newsgroup and Adrian Miller (Adaptec rep) will respond. Good luck!

------------------

Shrink

PIII 450@504

SBlive Value

Voodooo3 3000 AGP

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

i was looking forward to this patch so i can (after 3-4 months) use again Direct CD (all th hacked fixes gave nothing but a blue screen/reboot). So I re-formatted my drive--> clean installed EZCD 4 Deluxe-->update 4.02-->installed the long-awaited direc cd 3.01 english patch from adaptec.com which is "windows 2000 compatible" and GUESS WHAT??? BSOD/reboot... win2k compatible my a$$

I installed the patch and it works fine...

I installed directcd v2, then the patch. try it this way

Summoner

------------------

If it doesn't work, PLUG IT IN!

Quote:
Originally posted by Summoner:
I installed the patch and it works fine...
I installed directcd v2, then the patch. try it this way
Summoner

Did you first got BSOD on startup like me? Please tell me before i try (once again in vain) to install this prog...

Okay, those guys who got BSOD. You actually need to apply the ASPI patch before you patch your DirectCD 3.01 that enable you to install DirectCD 3.0. Confusing?

Here is the sequence that you need to follow.

1. Install ASPI Layer 4.57

2. Reboot

3. Install ASPI Layer 4.60

4. Reboot

5. Install DirectCD 3.01

6. Automatically allows you to install DirectCD 3.0.

--------

I think I finally traced down the culprit that don't allow me to put on the DirectCD 3.01 patch.

It is the unofficial patch for DirectCD 3.0 and the antivirus that hinder me from upgrading.

I got the right updates and patches. Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I got it patched now.