Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheMatrixHasU [SeanR561]

!!!MAJOR BUG IN WINDOWS 2000!!!

Hello,

Couple of days ago i thought I would try WinLinux for a try. I already had Windows 98 Second Edition running and Windows 2000 Professional. Windows 98 Second Edition was running on the C:\ partition while Win2k was running on the E:\ (D:\ is MP3 drive). So I installed Winlinux 2000 final on my C: drive since it was FAT32. I configured all my devices under Windows 98 and restarted and put in my boot floppy to load up WinLinux. To my surprise once I was logged in I was able to view my NTFS partition. I thought, this is probably a feature of Winlinux to view your partitions, so I proceeded to encrypt my files by restarting the computer and booting into Windows 2000. I encrypted my files, restarted, put in the boot disk and yes my files (even though encrypted with EFS) were still viewable and readable. Now I would call this a major vulnerability as any hacker could use WinLinux to hack into a Windows 2000 server and still be able to view the files. A would think that this is a major flaw. Anyways I wanted to make sure and I tried on 2 different systems. Still the same thing.

If anyone has comments on this,

reply to this or send me an email at: thematrixhasu@earthlink.net

-SeanR561

The actual solution is actually to convert your drive to dynamic disk which is totally invisible in Windows 98.